Sent Folder and Trash Folder Do Not Load on Android phone
RDeYoung

I have been using the mail app in my android based Moto X for over a year without issue, but just a week or so ago, I started noticing that my battery was getting chewed up and the mail app was doing most of it, unlike previous behavior.

I started to look into the issue and realized that it wasn't set up with the new 995 and 465 ports, so i updated that setup to be pop.verizon.net on port 995 and require SSL (tried both options SSL/TLS and SSL/TLS (Accept all certificates).  Outgoing is setup as smtp.verizon.net on port 465 with the same SSL settings as inbound, plus require signin checked and proper user name and password entered.

Both incoming and outgoing "validate" without error.

The problem is that while my inbox syncs correctly, my sent folder and trash folders have a spinning circle on the screen and NEVER download/upload anything from those folders.  This is killing my battery.

I have uninstalled the email account on the Moto X and reinstalled it twice.  I have tried it on another Moto X that I own.  I have tried another verizon email account that i have and the problem is consistent with all of these tests.

If i can't get this fixed, i am going to have to move to a gmail account and correct my email in at least 1,000 websites, etc.  This is crazy, there must be a way to fix it.

Thanks for any help out there.

...Rich

Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Sent Folder and Trash Folder Do Not Load on Android phone
tkandj

Having the same issue on my galaxy 4 that just started today.  Getting nothing but authentication errors.  Still searching for answers.  Please let me know if you find out anything!

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Sent Folder and Trash Folder Do Not Load on Android phone
CJones22193

I too just starting having problems sending emails from my Android phone.  Please share any possible solutions with me too.

0 Likes