Sent copyright material
Mahnke1

I received a second notice for copyright material being sent from my computer.  I have not sent any material anywhere using my computer.  What happened?  Who is sending out copyrighted material from my computer?

0 Likes
Re: Sent copyright material
tlb7
Contributor - Level 3

It's probably spam...take a look at the headers in the email...

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Sign Into MyVerizon

Go to My Services

Then Internet Services

Under Internet Management

Select View Alleged Copyright Notification

If you have any they will show there. Or the Email may be a phishing scam or spam, even if it looks like real Verizon Email, go to the source first. Before you provide any personal or account information.

My Page Showed This.

Alleged Copyright Violation Notifications  

Our records show that you do not have any Copyright Violation Notices. If you have reached this page because you were contacted by Verizon about Copyright Violation Notices received from our Content Providers, please contact a Verizon Representative at (888)-553-1555.

If you would like more information about Copyright Violation Notices, please see our Frequently Asked Questions page.

Techman28
Master - Level 1

its generally not sent from your computer but downloaded from your IP address.

Public IP router gets then the router assigns private IP's to all devices connected to it thus all use the same pub ip so it could be someone else whom has caused this.

Don't consider this as a spam message in your email

prisaz
Legend

@Techman28 wrote:

its generally not sent from your computer but downloaded from your IP address.

Public IP router gets then the router assigns private IP's to all devices connected to it thus all use the same pub ip so it could be someone else whom has caused this.

Don't consider this as a spam message in your email

I agree this is very serious, and should be followed up directly between the customer and Verizon.

Perhaps a better link with steps for verification. And preventing violations.

http://my.verizon.com/central/portlets/help/popUpContent/popUpContent.jsp?helppopup&case=copy_faq

"

I have questions about Copyright Violations on my account

You may call the Copyright Notification team at 866-286-6865 for more information.

"

"Or the Email may be a phishing scam or spam, even if it looks like real Verizon Email, go to the source first. Before you provide any personal or account information."

The source being Verizon. I don't click on any links in Email that may look real, or suspicious. 99.9% of the time I would contact the company directly, or go to their website for more information.

Copyright violations are a very serious matter, and warnings should never be ignored. Thus I provided the path on MyVerizon website for finding more information regarding violations for the users account, and also the message with Verizon's phone number. I may have missed a step.

Nice to see you around Techman28

Mark at Quantum GPON 150/65. In Germantown, Maryland.

Yes if users in my area are interested In higher Quantum speeds they can check for availability. Some areas out of VHO4 - C/O  are GPON ready for speeds above 75/35, and some hubs are prepped for splitter installs to upgrade the ONTs, but some are not. GPON is not yet available in all areas, but a work in progress. If available it will show in your bundle builder or as an upgrade option.

0 Likes