Servers Down on Email Clients?
merlin96
Contributor - Level 1

I have Verizon Fios and use the Windows Mail client to send and receive my Verizon.net emails on my laptop.  My last email received was at 1:13 a.m. and I haven't been unable to send or receive emails this morning.  I virtual chatted with a Verizon rep after sitting on hold for nearly an hour waiting to speak with someone on the tech support line.  She confirmed my settings and then told me the client servers are down and that I can use the Verizon website for email but that Verizon needs "a few hours" to fix the problem.  Several minutes after closing the chat, I received a text with a repair ticket notification informing me of Verizon's commitment to fixing the problem by 5 p.m. on 5/23 (a bit more than a few hours).  I'm just wondering if anyone else is experiencing a problem too?  I live in the Philadelphia area.  Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Servers Down on Email Clients?
merlin96
Contributor - Level 1

My email in Windows Mail is starting to work again - checking messages very slowly when I click Send/Receive but it is working and messages are coming in.  It appears that the problem is being worked on/possibly resolved, hopefully soon.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
esker

Seems to be out in MA (FIOS) at least for me. Haven't called.

0 Likes
docb1

Thank you for posting this. There's a long thread in DSLReports about this outage, and as usual, nothing on the VZ website about it! Your post contains the first information from VZ we've seen. THREE DAYS???? That's ridiculous.

0 Likes
CAW125

Long Island. Absolutely nothing in or out via Express, Live, phone or tablet.

'Looking for sever', is all I get until timed out.

Forget calling. No direct phone response for over an hour. Customer support.?  

On line chat gave me same erroneous info

So I'm on here on the webmail site, the only way to get any email.

This, not even 24 hours after the settings change deadline.

0 Likes
starrin
Contributor - Level 3

I live in Virginia Beach.  This is the 2nd time in a week.  Totally UNSAT. 

AND the ETR this afternoon doens't help much.  I do my work in the morning

starrin

0 Likes
Sceneryguru

Good Morning Group:

You're not alone...

I to cannot receive my e-mail this morning. Logged on at 6:45am as I usually do... and received some info concerning SSL.

But no mail.

Did a Google search and found this forum. Looks like we are a small but growing club of dissatisfied Verizon customers.

I certainly hope that the outage is brief, as most of my mail is business related. It’s like telling your customers my e-mail is down. (Read: my dog ate my homework) They don't care, they want answers to their inquiries.

Unhappy in Southampton, PA Smiley Frustrated

0 Likes
merlin96
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah, I did live chat b/c I was on the phone waiting for over an hour at 4 a.m.  Their wait times are pretty atrociious.  It really is a broad discrepancy between several hours and 3 days so let's hope that with a problem that is apparently this widespread, Verizon manages to get it fixed sooner rather than later, especially since the 23rd is the start of Memorial Day weekend. 

0 Likes
JaceWieser

You can currently get to mail here:  https://mail.verizon.com/webmail/driver?nimlet=showmessages&view=emails#mail_Emails_INBOX

Not a solution, but a work-around...

0 Likes
merlin96
Contributor - Level 1

Sceneryguru,

Once you log into the Verizon website, your emails should get diverted there.  I know it's tremendously inconvenient espeically if you, like me, keep a lot of info in folders on your email client page but until this is fixed, you might be able to access the emails on the Vz page and just go back and forth between to make it work somehow.  I don't work for Verizon, but I'm just trying to come up with a way to access my emails and get to what I need until this blows over.  The emails will come into the website once you log in but they won't go to both sites at the same time so you have to log into the Vz page to get them to go into that inbox.  Once this is fixed, log back out and they'll go back to your Outlook or whatever you use.

0 Likes
rant-ree
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just reporting that I can't receive or send email in Outlook here in Central Maryland.  Hope it's fixed soon!