Session Timeouts issue massively frustrating
Deesko
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am getting session timeouts when logged into my netmail & trying to compose emails. It happens constantly, sometimes immediately after logging in, sometimes 5 minutes into a session, sometimes 2 minutes into a session. It is completely random timing-wise. It kicks me all the way back out to the login and I've lost whatever I've done since the last "save to draft".

It is extremely frustrating as you can't even get a simple 10-15 line email drafted without losing work and having to log back in.

This issue appears to be intermittent as I've had this problem off and on for months now. It will happen for a while, then stop, then start happening again.

As a software developer by trade, I suspect someone is occassionally re-introducing the bug by using an old peice of code as a baseline, which then eventually gets fixed, only to have that same developer re-introduce the bug again later. I noticed this issue beginning when Verizon switched over to this newer netmail system from the old one (maybe a year or so ago?).

I'm running on IE 7, in an environment where my browser and/or network does not change so the intermittent issues can't be blamed on my environment.

Tags (1)
Re: Session Timeouts issue massively frustrating
Deesko
Enthusiast - Level 2

Right now (8:00am EST) I am trying to create a response to an email that is >300 characters in length. I have been trying to create this response for over 30 minutes due to constant session timeouts. I have had to log back into my account at least 10-15 times in the past 30 minutes.

I just did some testing and when trying to save a draft, the session timeout is thrown when the page is attempting to reload. Below is an exact replica of my workflow to assist in tracking down the bug.

Workflow #1:

I log into my account

Click View All Email

Open Drafts folder

Open email draft

Select "Save Draft" without doing anything else (current time in session <1 minute)

On screen reload, system throws the session timeout and kicks me out

0 Likes
Deesko
Enthusiast - Level 2

Workflow #2:

Login to my account

Click view all email

Open Drafts Folder

Open draft email response

Select "Send" to send email (total in session time of 30 seconds)

On screen reload, where I would expect to see some sort of indication that my email was successfully sent, instead the system throws session time out message and kicks me out.

I have no idea if my email was successfully sent or not.

Workflow #3:

Login to my account

Click view all email

Attempted to open the first new email in my inbox (total time in session <15 seconds)

System throws session timeout error and kicks me out to the main login.

There is obviously something going on with your session holding code. The session variable is not being passed correctly or something but it's very, very frustrating to spend 30-45 minutes trying to type out a couple of lines, particularly when you have multiple important activities going on that you need to respond too via email.

user865

How do I set up my email so it does not timeout after 5 minutes. Also when I access another site my Verizon disappears and I need to sign in again. Please tell me the simple solution.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@user865 wrote:

How do I set up my email so it does not timeout after 5 minutes. Also when I access another site my Verizon disappears and I need to sign in again. Please tell me the simple solution.

Consider using a email client for composing emails.

Your cookies need to be saved across sessions and not deleted in order for sign in to continue working,  But yes it tends to not work as advertised and get deleted anyway, even when you stay within verizon pages.

ps:  remember mostly talking to peers here.

jubalsams
Enthusiast - Level 2

everytime i try to log into my email i am timed out immediately. maybe it is because i have my firewall locked down and dont let you steal my private data off my hard drive,

0 Likes