Switch Account

Set Thunderbird to send and receive Email instead of Windows Live

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Set Thunderbird to send and receive Email instead of Windows Live

Message 1 of 2
(3,763 Views)

I have tried numerous times to set an Email account using Thunderbird each and EVERY time the user name, password info is correct.  In the Account setup window Thunderbird displays Thunderbird has found the settings for your email account.  When I access Create Account I receive the following (I'll give it to you in short) Incoming settings incoming.verizon.net does not use  encryption. The same goes for outgoing settings  I am sent back to account setup window where I am questioned if username or password are wrong.  I have not been able to figure out how to correct this.

email any suggestions to {edited for privacy}

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Re: Set Thunderbird to send and receive Email instead of Windows Live

Message 2 of 2
(3,749 Views)

For the sake of example, we are going to pretend that we are setting up fictional account "fakeacct@verizon.net" and the password for logging into that account in webmail is "fakepassword" - Again, this is a fictitious account for the sake of an example.

The settings for using Verizon's servers would be:
Incoming Server: incoming.verizon.net
Server Requires Authentication: Yes
Username: fakeacct
Password: fakepassword
Requires a Secure Connection (SSL): No
Port: 110

Outgoing Server: outgoing.verizon.net
Server Requires Authentication: Yes (You can set it to use the same settings as incoming, or manually enter the username and password.)
Requires a Secure Connection (SSL): No
Port: 25 (although 587 also works.)

These settings should work unless you have a Verizon/Yahoo account, in which case the server names are: incoming.yahoo.verizon.net -and- outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

(Can't email it to you because your address was edited out, which is a good thing.)

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.