Set up Yahoo.fr email on Apple Mail
sylver1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi everyone,

I just got FiOS installed at home but I am unable to send emails using Apple Mail. The verizon smtp server seems to reject my email address (Yahoo.fr (France) email account) and I can't connect to yahoo.fr smtp servers.

Is Verizon only accepting .com email accounts?

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Set up Yahoo.fr email on Apple Mail
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@sylver wrote:

Hi everyone,

I just got FiOS installed at home but I am unable to send emails using Apple Mail. The verizon smtp server seems to reject my email address (Yahoo.fr (France) email account) and I can't connect to yahoo.fr smtp servers.

Thank you for your help.

@If you're going to use the Verizon.net servers, you have to authenticate to them with your @verizon.net email address. You should be able to configure this and still ahve it work to send from your Yahoo.fr address.

Most likely the Yahoo.fr SMTP server is not connecting because is uses port 25. Verizon blocks port 25 for 3rd party domains. You would need to use an alternate port. More information on the block can be found here: http://www.verizon.net/port25

View solution in original post

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@sylver wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your help.

@If you're going to use the Verizon.net servers, you have to authenticate to them with your @verizon.net email address. You should be able to configure this and still ahve it work to send from your Yahoo.fr address.

Most likely the Yahoo.fr SMTP server is not connecting because is uses port 25. Verizon blocks port 25 for 3rd party domains. You would need to use an alternate port. More information on the block can be found here: http://www.verizon.net/port25

sylver1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you! It now works perfectly!

0 Likes