Settining Up EMail on Android Phone
shesca
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a new Android phone and tried to set up my verizon email account the same way it is configured on my former phone (an Android also), but it will not work.  I searched on Verizon online, but the link to set up verizon email on an Android does not work.  The replies in this forum for setting up email on android phones contains the same link for instructions on doing so, but that link does not work either.  The link is:  Want to set up your email on a mobile device, instead?

Please fix the link or send me the instructions so I can get this done as quickly as possible.

Thank you.

Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Re: Settining Up EMail on Android Phone
PJL
Master - Level 3

@shesca wrote:

I have a new Android phone and tried to set up my verizon email account the same way it is configured on my former phone (an Android also), but it will not work.  I searched on Verizon online, but the link to set up verizon email on an Android does not work.  The replies in this forum for setting up email on android phones contains the same link for instructions on doing so, but that link does not work either.  The link is:  Want to set up your email on a mobile device, instead?

Please fix the link or send me the instructions so I can get this done as quickly as possible.

Thank you.

Smiley Sad

I just followed the link you provided and it worked fine for me.

gowestie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem with a new Galaxy S6 in 2015.

0 Likes
gowestie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried a bunch of information from various links and nothing worked.  So I got desperate and downloaded a yahoo email app, entered my verizon yahoo email address and it connected with no problem.

So I guess in 2015 you need a specific app for verizon email.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

The instructions are written for NON Yahoo users.

THe main difference for yahoo users is the servers

incoming.yahoo.verizon.net

outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

and that you must double check that the siginon id has userid@verizon.net. 

Of course the Yahoo email app may be a better choice.  I haven't used it but it probably is customized for some of the Yahoo features.

Remember the forums are PEER to PEER.  For most things you are not able to took to Verizon or asking them to change things here.

0 Likes