Switch Account

Should Verizon do better job of blocking malware-containing email?

Should Verizon do better job of blocking malware-containing email?

Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Message 1 of 1
(578 Views)

This morning I got a fraudulent / malicious email claiming to be from PayPal. Right. The miscreant couldn't form his HTML properly, so it didn't render. I saw this first on my Android tablet and noticed a svchost.exe attachment. Very bad sign IMHO. So I deleted it from Verizon's server after forwarding it to abuse@verizon.net, hoping that might help (am I naive?).

Two screenshots of the message are attached. Yes, I misspelled the abuse address but then re-sent it to Verizon.

Finally, my question:is it reasonable to expect that Verizon would do a better job of protecting us from such low-lifes? I do not know if Avast would have caught this on my desktop but did not want to find out. While I believe that I would have to open the attachment in order to do damage, why can't Verizon stop this sort of crime at its doors?

Screenshot_2015-06-27-10-20-10.png

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.