Sick of the passwords!!
notahappycamp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Am I the only one having problems trying to retrieve my emails?  Multiple passwords every time I want to open the account on both my pc and my tablet.  It's annoying to say the least!!  If only Windows 7 supported Outlook Express I'd be long gone from Verizon.   Verizon was always bad but never like this.  I know my pc is holding cookies because I open my web sites without any issue.  Any help will be most appreciated.........

0 Likes
Re: Sick of the passwords!!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus
0 Likes
notahappycamp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Whenever something works right, it gets updated for the worse.  If it works, don't break it.

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Windows 7 supports Microsoft "live" mail.  The successor to Outlook express.

You shouldn't be asked for multiple passwords when using Webmail, although they have now made it necessary to go through the more complicated signon every time you start a new session on the Verizon Webpages during

0 Likes
notahappycamp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Every time I try to open the mail it states time out session.  This is now on multiple computers.  That's telling me it has nothing to do with missing cookies.  It's not a computer issue,  It's a Verizon issue.  It takes six different pages before I get connected........

0 Likes
bejay53
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why remove it? What was the threat?

Everytime I log in, I now have to sign in? By the way, as information, I had to come to the forums to get the notice. No mailings or net wide announcement? I've been trying to figure out what the problem was for several days now only to find out my user experience has been "improved".

This includes after my laptop goes to sleep. Upon waking, I have to log in again. What is the time out period?

Not very user friendly.

Verizon, always improvements!

Bejay

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Bejay wrote:

Why remove it? What was the threat?

Everytime I log in, I now have to sign in? By the way, as information, I had to come to the forums to get the notice. No mailings or net wide announcement? I've been trying to figure out what the problem was for several days now only to find out my user experience has been "improved".

This includes after my laptop goes to sleep. Upon waking, I have to log in again. What is the time out period?

Not very user friendly.

Verizon, always improvements!

Bejay

Oddly they seem to have reversed this on the signon.  Assuming you go to my Verizon before going to Webmail, you shouldn't have to sigon.  At least at the moment.

Easier solution is not to use Webmail but use a email client (app).

0 Likes