Slow email delivery
tbayone
Lately I have noticed that many emails are taking hours and sometimes a couple days from the time they are sent to arrive in my inbox. Is anyone else seeing this problem with Verizon?
0 Likes
Re: Slow email delivery
User111111111

Yes, I have had the same issue for 2 or 3 weeks now. Sometimes it takes as long as 18 hours for an email to be received after it was sent and sometimes it is almost instant. I have particularly noticed it from emails originating on ebay but not only them. I looked at the headers of a couple of problem emails this morning and one appeared to get delayed in vms172073.mailsvcs.net and the other in vms172097.mailsvcs.net, both of which appear to be relay services. Oddly, when I pinged these 2 addresses they both resolved to 92.242.140.21 which is unallocated.barefruit.co.uk in the United Kingdom!! Clearly something is seriously amiss and verizon needs to get on it pronto for the benefit of their users, even if not their fault/issue.

0 Likes
jl271

Been seeing the same thing. Email was sent 12/2/at 7:25pm. I received it at 4:23am on 12/3. Been going on for a couple of weeks now.

0 Likes
FWEhr
Contributor - Level 1

You will find way more posts on this defect at

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Email-to-Verizon-net-customers-delayed/td-p/767013

Hello, Verizon, is anyone listening? It would be considerate for Verizon to at least acknowledge this problem.

0 Likes