Switch Account

Slow email delivery

Contributor tbayone
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(803 Views)
Lately I have noticed that many emails are taking hours and sometimes a couple days from the time they are sent to arrive in my inbox. Is anyone else seeing this problem with Verizon?
3 REPLIES 3
Contributor User111111111
Contributor
Message 2 of 4
(792 Views)

Yes, I have had the same issue for 2 or 3 weeks now. Sometimes it takes as long as 18 hours for an email to be received after it was sent and sometimes it is almost instant. I have particularly noticed it from emails originating on ebay but not only them. I looked at the headers of a couple of problem emails this morning and one appeared to get delayed in vms172073.mailsvcs.net and the other in vms172097.mailsvcs.net, both of which appear to be relay services. Oddly, when I pinged these 2 addresses they both resolved to 92.242.140.21 which is unallocated.barefruit.co.uk in the United Kingdom!! Clearly something is seriously amiss and verizon needs to get on it pronto for the benefit of their users, even if not their fault/issue.

Contributor jl27
Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(790 Views)

Been seeing the same thing. Email was sent 12/2/at 7:25pm. I received it at 4:23am on 12/3. Been going on for a couple of weeks now.

Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Message 4 of 4
(763 Views)

You will find way more posts on this defect at

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Email-to-Verizon-net-customers-delayed/td-p/767013

Hello, Verizon, is anyone listening? It would be considerate for Verizon to at least acknowledge this problem.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.