Some messages are not reaching my webmail INBOX
pjh3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I use an email forwarder so that my email address is xyzzy@pobox.com. (It's not really xyzzy but you get the idea.) They redirect messages to my actual Verizon email address.

In the past week, some emails sent to xyzzy are not getting to VZ. POBOX says they are forwarding them and sent me the following for one test message:

---------------------

I have found the message in question:

138587:Dec  6 10:41:56 sepia postfix/cleanup[21713]: 7F50A40A675: message-id=<1323186099.bECE170.8052@test.pobox.com>
138590:Dec  6 10:41:56 sepia postfix/qmgr[32466]: 7F50A40A675: from=<SRS0=+HRw=6S=pobox.com=pobox@bounce2.pobox.com>, size=1018, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
138599:Dec  6 10:41:56 sepia postfix/smtp[21995]: 7F50A40A675: to=<specialcav@verizon.net>, relay=a-pb-fb-quonix.pobox.com[208.72.237.7], delay=0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as C31D97308)

If you still cannot find this message, I would suggest contacting Verizon with these logs to find out if they know where this message went. According to our logs, this message was sent successfully to your forwarding address.

------------

I chatted online with a VZ tech support person who didn't know what an email forwarder was but he said that someone would call me in 15-20 minutes. When no one called in an hour, I called VZ. I got to Shilpa on the second level who insisted that I had to download and run a program that would let them control my PC. I refused, offering to send them an email with the above message from POBOX.COM. She insisted on the remote assistance app, and then decided that she could not help me if I did not comply. I asked for her supervisor. She agreed to transfer the call and then placed me on hold FOR TWO HOURS, at which point VZ terminated the call.

I'm hoping that some VZ email wizard can pass the above log to an email administrator who can solve the problem of the never-appearing emails.

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Some messages are not reaching my webmail INBOX
pjh3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't know where those smiley faces came from. Replace each one with a colon followed by the letter D.  So the result in each case will be a 6-digit number, a colon, and the abbreviation for December.

Sorry about that!

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@pjh wrote:

I use an email forwarder so that my email address is xyzzy@pobox.com. (It's not really xyzzy but you get the idea.) They redirect messages to my actual Verizon email address.

In the past week, some emails sent to xyzzy are not getting to VZ. POBOX says they are forwarding them and sent me the following for one test message:

---------------------

I have found the message in question:

138587:Dec  6 10:41:56 sepia postfix/cleanup[21713]: 7F50A40A675: message-id=<1323186099.bECE170.8052@test.pobox.com>
138590:Dec  6 10:41:56 sepia postfix/qmgr[32466]: 7F50A40A675: from=<SRS0=+HRw=6S=pobox.com=pobox@bounce2.pobox.com>, size=1018, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
138599:Dec  6 10:41:56 sepia postfix/smtp[21995]: 7F50A40A675: to=<specialcav@verizon.net>, relay=a-pb-fb-quonix.pobox.com[208.72.237.7], delay=0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as C31D97308)

If you still cannot find this message, I would suggest contacting Verizon with these logs to find out if they know where this message went. According to our logs, this message was sent successfully to your forwarding address.

------------

I chatted online with a VZ tech support person who didn't know what an email forwarder was but he said that someone would call me in 15-20 minutes. When no one called in an hour, I called VZ. I got to Shilpa on the second level who insisted that I had to download and run a program that would let them control my PC. I refused, offering to send them an email with the above message from POBOX.COM. She insisted on the remote assistance app, and then decided that she could not help me if I did not comply. I asked for her supervisor. She agreed to transfer the call and then placed me on hold FOR TWO HOURS, at which point VZ terminated the call.

I'm hoping that some VZ email wizard can pass the above log to an email administrator who can solve the problem of the never-appearing emails.

Thank you in advance.

If the email forwarder is not getting a bounceback, set your spam detector to save messages instead of deleting them in verizon.net and see if they show up in your spam folder.

pjh3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Interesting. VZ spam detection was set to delete spam and the messages that were missing are now showing up in the spam detection folder.

Will marking them "Not" eventually convince VZ that they are not spam?

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@pjh wrote:

Interesting. VZ spam detection was set to delete spam and the messages that were missing are now showing up in the spam detection folder.

Will marking them "Not" eventually convince VZ that they are not spam?

In theory, yes. In reality, you're probably better off adding the domain to your safe senders list in Email Settings. That should solve the problem.

0 Likes