Spam Blocker? One more reason to HATE Verizon!
norrabasil

I get so frustrated when I try to do ANYTHING Verizon internet and home phone related. I have had nothing but problems since signing up in November, 2011. It is absolutely BEYOND me how such a technology rich company can be lacking in so many areas. Prime example, I want to come to the community to ask why I can't activate the spam blocker. (My husband works nights, so turning the ringer off on my iPhone is not an option) As of the last week or so, spam has been hitting my mail/phone at 1, 2, 3, and 4 am. I have Kaspersky on my laptop, and no spam gets through there, so it must be a Verizon issue. I tried to sign in to create a post and my username and password are incorrect? Really? Considering I just signed into my mail minutes before, I know this is **bleep**. Ok, whatever, I'll just sign in with my Facebook account. No dice, got an error with that one too. So, alas, I created a new community name because apparently I don't exist anywhere else in Verizon.  

I am so very sorry that I hooked up with Verizon. I've had their wireless for years, and have never had a problem. Great customer service. I guess there truly are 2 sides to every coin. 

0 Likes
Re: Spam Blocker? One more reason to HATE Verizon!
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at: http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

0 Likes
norrabasil

Thanks but no thanks. Trying to talk to anyone at Verizon does nothing but raise my blood pressure. I came here to seek help from other users, (Who, most likely are more knowledgeable then Verizon techs), and I ended up have more problems than what I initially started out with. So, you'll have to excuse me, but I think I'll leave my message here, and hope that someone else in the community knows how to fix the spam blocker problem.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

When you say you can't activate the spam blocker, what do you mean?

0 Likes
norrabasil

After I click to turn it on and click save, I get this message: 

Unable to update Spam Detector Settings.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Sometimes i have problems doing things with the verizon site using certain web browsers. What browser are you using?
0 Likes
norrabasil

I'm using Chrome.

0 Likes
lmjjc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I absolutely agree - I spent HOURS trying to resolve why I keep getting DOZENS of spam each day, despite repeatedly marking the messages as such on many occasions - my call was forwarded to this dept, that dept, back to the other dept, etc, then I was given bogus info about emailing ______ - several months later - same exact situation.  I had also done "live chat" extensively- to no avail whatsoever.  How is it that so many other email programs have no problem blocking what is CLEARLY spam, but a giant like Verizon cannot?    (Will not.)  Seems it is a pretty easy fix for others. 

Also, I am extremely frustrated at having to delete the same email many times for it to actually be deleted.

I didn't notice this at first, but have become more & more aware of the fact that about 1/3 - 1/2 of the time that I select messages to delete (by clicking to put the check mark in the box beside them), then click "delete", nothing happens!!!!   So I put checkmarks & delete again, and often STILL nothing happens!!!!    Even though it shows a message that says "deleting messages"  & "messages deleted" - that's not necessarily what happens!  Sometimes yes, sometimes not.  I can't seems to find any rhyme or reason to this.  Many times I've sat down to clean out my email,  go through & check groups of 8 or so emails at a time, some will delete just fine, others I will have to repeat steps several times to get them to actually be deleted.

sometimes it will pop up with an error message as i'm deleting messages; "undefined"  or "please select at least one message to delete"., so I click "ok", reck boxes, click delete, on & on.  I'm SOOO sick of this email.

ALSO, at least 3 times now, I've been unable to access my email at all. All day yesterday I was able to access all other websites just fine, but each time I tried to get into my email, the page started to load, then FROZE, or it wouldn't even start to open the page - just an error message.  I tried from my "favorites" tab & by opening a page & typing in the address & by typing it into a google search - all in vain.  My husband tried several times too, at one point he got it to open & I used email, then closed it, then an hour later I needed to use it again, & had the same trouble.  It took several hours until I was able to get into it again. 

ALSO, about a month or so ago, I was looking through emails, and all of a sudden IT DELETED MY WHOLE INBOX!!!!!

I definitely did NOT have check marks beside every email, so even if I had somehow accidentally clicked delete, it wouldn't have deleted them all.  and I'm pretty sure I had at least 2 "pages" of emails.  EVERY SINGLE ONE IS GONE.  There were several that I needed to refer to  - GONE.   I can't imagine how in the world that happened.  Blows me away.  They weren't in my "trash" either.

Any attempts to resolve these problems through customer service is a jokeHUGE waste of time.

The ONLY thing that has kept me from changing emails is the time & hassle, but I'm DONE

I really can't understand why I would have so many persistent issues with email from a company like Verizon. 

The only good thing I can say is that it was nice to be able to access my email from whatever computer is nearby,

but many other emails offer the same convenience, without all the problems present at Verizon. 

I'm extremely disappointed & frustrated, and will not hesitate to let others know the problems I've experienced.

KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@lmjjc wrote:

I absolutely agree - I spent HOURS trying to resolve why I keep getting DOZENS of spam each day, despite repeatedly marking the messages as such on many occasions - my call was forwarded to this dept, that dept, back to the other dept, etc, then I was given bogus info about emailing ______ - several months later - same exact situation.  I had also done "live chat" extensively- to no avail whatsoever.  How is it that so many other email programs have no problem blocking what is CLEARLY spam, but a giant like Verizon cannot?    (Will not.)  Seems it is a pretty easy fix for others. 

Also, I am extremely frustrated at having to delete the same email many times for it to actually be deleted.

I didn't notice this at first, but have become more & more aware of the fact that about 1/3 - 1/2 of the time that I select messages to delete (by clicking to put the check mark in the box beside them), then click "delete", nothing happens!!!!   So I put checkmarks & delete again, and often STILL nothing happens!!!!    Even though it shows a message that says "deleting messages"  & "messages deleted" - that's not necessarily what happens!  Sometimes yes, sometimes not.  I can't seems to find any rhyme or reason to this.  Many times I've sat down to clean out my email,  go through & check groups of 8 or so emails at a time, some will delete just fine, others I will have to repeat steps several times to get them to actually be deleted.

sometimes it will pop up with an error message as i'm deleting messages; "undefined"  or "please select at least one message to delete"., so I click "ok", reck boxes, click delete, on & on.  I'm SOOO sick of this email.

ALSO, at least 3 times now, I've been unable to access my email at all. All day yesterday I was able to access all other websites just fine, but each time I tried to get into my email, the page started to load, then FROZE, or it wouldn't even start to open the page - just an error message.  I tried from my "favorites" tab & by opening a page & typing in the address & by typing it into a google search - all in vain.  My husband tried several times too, at one point he got it to open & I used email, then closed it, then an hour later I needed to use it again, & had the same trouble.  It took several hours until I was able to get into it again. 

ALSO, about a month or so ago, I was looking through emails, and all of a sudden IT DELETED MY WHOLE INBOX!!!!!

I definitely did NOT have check marks beside every email, so even if I had somehow accidentally clicked delete, it wouldn't have deleted them all.  and I'm pretty sure I had at least 2 "pages" of emails.  EVERY SINGLE ONE IS GONE.  There were several that I needed to refer to  - GONE.   I can't imagine how in the world that happened.  Blows me away.  They weren't in my "trash" either.

Any attempts to resolve these problems through customer service is a jokeHUGE waste of time.

The ONLY thing that has kept me from changing emails is the time & hassle, but I'm DONE

I really can't understand why I would have so many persistent issues with email from a company like Verizon. 

The only good thing I can say is that it was nice to be able to access my email from whatever computer is nearby,

but many other emails offer the same convenience, without all the problems present at Verizon. 

I'm extremely disappointed & frustrated, and will not hesitate to let others know the problems I've experienced.

0 Likes
norrabasil

I hear you loud and clear. I use Outlook. I refuse to use Verizon's on site email. I just can't get over how such a technology rich company can have such an awful website with these kinds of awful problems. It blows my mind.  I had Comcast for phone and internet prior and I am thisclose to going back to them. I NEVER had a single spam email get through to me with them. Thankfully my Kaspersky catches it all before it gets to my laptop, but there is nothing stopping it from getting to my phone.  

Good luck with the tech that reaches out to you personally. My question is, what makes one that contacts you any more knowledgeable then one that you call in to? Seems to me like they're ALL in a foreign country reading from the same script. 

0 Likes