Re: Spam Detector Does not seem to be putting files in th Spam Detector folder
BigArtK
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you.

I now know it works for someone.

I recently had some problems with thunderbird, probably because my profile was more than a dozen years old.  So I have been using Verizon webmail for a while rather than email.

I get dozens of spam messages a day. Surprisingly, none are appearing in the Spam Detector folder as unread messages.  There are only the read  ones I have marked as spam.

I have Spam Detector turned on and have it set to put spam in the Spam Dectector folder

0 Likes
bruteforce1
Enthusiast - Level 3

tns

why is old spam even showing up in any folder? it should be deleted before it hit a folder if you mark as spam reguardless of verizon's investigation does that spam still go in the spam bin.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

the spam detector finds about a dozon a day for me. But another 2 or 3 slip through.  This for my older email address that goes back to when they forced me to change from bellatlantic.net to verizon.net.  My newer id, associated with my winter home in FL has only got one spam not caught and a few overthe year that were caught.

0 Likes
BigArtK
Enthusiast - Level 2

Surprise! 10 days after I first started this thread, unread messages started appearing in my Spam Detector folder. I did not change any settings.

16 of 17 messages were in fact Spam. One was not spam.   Someone asked why not send messages flagged as spam directly to trash.  I use the Spam Detector folder because there are some false alarms in any detection system.

0 Likes
bruteforce1
Enthusiast - Level 3

does the word buggy come to mind when dealing with verizon mail.

BigArtK
Enthusiast - Level 2

surprisingly after many weeks Spam Detector started putting spam in that folder.

Out of several hundred hits, only 1 was a false positive.

Not up to Thunderbird standards, but Verizon webmail does help when I am on the road.

I made the mistake of buying a Surface RT and told the salles person I mainl wanted to do email.  However, RT only runs Outlook which has been a mjor tareget of malware since MS first put it on PCs.

0 Likes
Aarmando1
Enthusiast - Level 1

My spam detector is on, but I receive dozens of unsolicited messages each day. I mark these messages as spam, but they keep showing up in my inbox, taking up valuable space. I have spammed certain senders, literally, LITERALLY, thousands of times over the years. This process takes up way too much time and I would like to know if there really is such a feature as spam detector, because it really has no effect on my inbox.  I never see messages in the spam detector that I do not put in.  

I'm leaving on vacation, so I don't want to have to worry about going over my limit due to unwanted messages.

Is there a fix?  Is this the way spam detector is supposed to work?

lsteele1611
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the Spam Detector on for longer than 10 days does nothing.. Still getting tons of spam daily and forwarding it all to Verizon spamdetector.notcaught@verizon.net .  Which appears to be as Useless and SPAM Detector itself!!   Great job!

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@lsteele161 wrote:

Having the Spam Detector on for longer than 10 days does nothing.. Still getting tons of spam daily and forwarding it all to Verizon spamdetector.notcaught@verizon.net .  Which appears to be as Useless and SPAM Detector itself!!   Great job!

Actually it takes them getting multiple reports of spam before they look to filter it.  So it is important to foward your spam to them.

Yes, I would like it to work better.  E.g.  Much of the spam can be recognized by having random words or whole paragraphs from books stuck in spots that do not display.   Should be easy for them to detect.

0 Likes
NYC-Guy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am in the same boat as I am being bombarded with many spam emails daily. . I have forwarded countless emails to spamdetector.notcaught@verizon.net  and in my opinion their Spam Detector is worthless. The IP address for the spam usually starts with {edited for privacy} It would be nice if they would block this address!

0 Likes