Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Spam Detector Won't Work

hpowders
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Spam Detector Won't Work

Message 1 of 5
(1,026 Views)

I have 2 email accounts-one for me and one for my wife. The spam detector works fine for me but refuses to be activated for my wife's email account. After I called Verizon, they told me there is nothing they can do. Do I have any other options? She keeps getting spam and I keep sending it to spam detector, but it's "dead" for her account. I got hold of "spamdetector.notcaught@verizon.net" to send them the spam emails. I don't know what else to do.

Any suggestions, please?

4 REPLIES 4
hpowders
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Spam Detector Won't Work

Message 2 of 5
(981 Views)

Thanks for all the useful suggestions.

dekka
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(873 Views)

I, too, have the exact same issue.  The Spam Detector option will not allow me to set it to "ON".    Why doesn't Verizon have an email service contract address?   Can someone please advise as to how to remedy this issue?  I have several email accounts and all of them have moderately functioning spam screening functionality.  

tns2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 5
(860 Views)

@dekka wrote:

I, too, have the exact same issue.  The Spam Detector option will not allow me to set it to "ON".    Why doesn't Verizon have an email service contract address?   Can someone please advise as to how to remedy this issue?  I have several email accounts and all of them have moderately functioning spam screening functionality.  

May be the browser or its add-ons.  Works for me. 

If using Internet explorer you may have to turn on compatibility mode.  IE 11 in particular doesn't work with parts of Verizon's WEBMAIL.

dekka
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 5
(844 Views)

Thx for the suggestion - am using Chrome as my browser - prefer it to IE

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title