Spam Detector tab missing
Zzzingy
Enthusiast - Level 2

a few months ago I turned off spam detector because it was grabbing an important email or two now and then....I just cant handle the spam I am getting now so I wanted to turn it back on...

But the tab is not there in the mail settings....it is no where

I contacted Verizon support and the person said they couldnt help me which is no surprise....where did it go? It isnt on the basic or rich versions.

Re: Spam Detector tab missing
Justin46
Legend

@Zzzingy wrote:

a few months ago I turned off spam detector because it was grabbing an important email or two now and then....I just cant handle the spam I am getting now so I wanted to turn it back on...

But the tab is not there in the mail settings....it is no where

I contacted Verizon support and the person said they couldnt help me which is no surprise....where did it go? It isnt on the basic or rich versions.

I don't know about the Basic or Rich versions any more, I have been migrated on all of my IDs to the New version. In the New version, when you click on Settings and then the Email Settings option you will see the SPAM Detector setting option:

And of course you can easily set the SPAM Detector to save all of the SPAM so you can review it; I have it set that way because, as you said, it does sometimes treat a valid email as SPAM.

I am surprised you have not been forced to migrate to the New version of webmail. You don't have the option to do so? If so you might do that. Although there are certainly people who don't like the New version, the only limitation I have found is that there is no option to create a "text only" email like there was in the Basic and Rich versions. Otherwise, yes it looks different, but it seems to function pretty much the same, at least to me. And I didn't lose any of my contacts or emails when the migration occurred.

I realize the above doesn't help with the Basic or Rich version, but maybe the New version is a viable option for you.

Keller, TX 76248

Re: Spam Detector tab missing
Zzzingy
Enthusiast - Level 2

that worked - I could find it there - All their instructions in the help files are old I guess

Thanks!