Spam EMAILs with *.info domain name
rdunkleenr2d

For at least 6 months my daughter and I have beening receiving spam EMAILs with the domain name *.info. I mark all of the EMAILs as spam an delete them but with a week the "*" part of the names changes and then we are back to receiving them again. I tried to block the domain name like this *.info but the EMAIL - spam - block setting will not allow a wildcard.

This is getting very frustrating. Is there any way to block this domain name using a wildcard entry before the ".info"?

0 Likes
Re: Spam EMAILs with *.info domain name
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

With Verizon webmail, No.  With Aol email, yes.  You can right rules with * in aol.

0 Likes
jcl65431
Enthusiast - Level 3

In my opinion, the issue with SPAM email is not easy to fix.  My wife and daughter both received a lot of SPAM emails and I have been dilegently trying to unsubscribe, block and mark as SPAM for months to no avail.

I think in Verizon webmail we should have the option to block emails and create filters right on the CONVERSATION page without having to go into the settings.  

The SPAM filter works; somewhat, but it's not doing its job.  

I'm not expecting Verizon hurry up and make SPAM deletion better, just venting because it's very frustrating and annoying.  

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

NOte everyone will eventually have their email moved completely to AOL (a Verizon Company)  The servers actually have already been renamed or replaced by AOL ones.  The three states being sold to Verizon already had their EMAIL moved to AOL.  The spam filter for AOL is different and the ability to add spam filter rules supports generic.

0 Likes