Spam Filter
hardyvaguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Want to add my two cents on the extremely ineffective spam filter.  I see a few posts that comment on how it's gotten much worse lately.  I'll echo that.  Until recently, the spam filter worked pretty well.  The last four weeks or, tons of spam that are extremely similar to ones caught as spam get through.  As another poster commented, I have these pushed to my phone so using another filter isn't an option.

Does anyone from VERIZON monitor these postings ?  If so, how about some feedback on what Verizon is doing (if anything) to remedy this unacceptable situation.  One poster noted that a support tech told him to create a new address.  That's not an acceptable option Verizon !!!

Re: Spam Filter
Demeo20

I agree.  I thought it was just me.  But I see lots of others.  

They must have done something 

I'm considering closing the account entirely and using my gmail only

0 Likes
rosemaryrita

Let me second, third and fourth that!  Spam is getting through regularly and annoyingly.  Blocking domains will not work as spammers just add longer and more complex domain names.

Verizon:  Please correct and help!!

0 Likes
eddeb1
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is no question this is the most pathetic spam filtering anywhere.  It allows the most obvious junk thru and worse, if you happen to take the time to chase down the abuser and attempt to contact the host or registrar it will BLOCK you from sending the offending email because.... wait for it... IT'S SPAM!

Further, I have a business domain that was using our host's records to send mail and from time to time we had problems with blocking our mail to customers.  In an effort to correct this we paid our dev to create a proper workaround so the mail is "sent" from our domain.

EVERY isp under the sun we could test against LOVED this setup.  AOL, Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, Earthlink, certain edu's etc ALL loved this setup.  Verizon immediately put a block on us and is refusing to relent.  Verizon ALONE is going to dictate how we send mail.

What is the matter with you people?  It never ceases to amaze me just how pathetic this all is.

Oh, and the FIOS guide still blows out loud.

I should just cut the cord and sell my few shares in this dump of a company.

0 Likes
rtavani

i found that using the filter help cut down on a bunch of the same spam hitting my fios inbox. a lot of the frequent spam would have the same subject that that is what i set my verizon filter to identify and delete right away. the only problem.....YOU CAN ONLY SET UP A MAX OF 30 FILTERS. I have tried talking to verizon customer support but they were of zero help. If the max setting is a specific number, one would think they could simply go into the code and add another zero to make it 300 max filters. Verizon must be really in the dark about spam as one of the suggestions they gave was to filter out the domain name. Dont they realize that most spammers change their domain name each time.

0 Likes
Easthemet

Verizon SPAM filter is a joke.  I have contacted tech support with no luck. Very frustrating.  I am going to have to move to another service.  Gonna be a pain as I have had my VZ address for years and years.  I wish they would listen to customers to make some improvements. 

0 Likes