Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Spam detector

shellseeker123
Contributor
Contributor

Spam detector

Message 1 of 5
(700 Views)

I have now spent over 1 hour trying to send an email to someone I've been doing business with for several years. This is the 1st time I have received that spam message. Two words FIX IT. It is not protecting me from receiving spam it is only giving me a pain. You are over stepping your bounds----------------I do not need you reading my outgoing mail. 

4 REPLIES 4
ornahp
Moderator Moderator

Re: Spam detector

Message 2 of 5
(698 Views)

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at: http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

Smith6612
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 3 of 5
(678 Views)

They're not overstepping their bounds if you're using their mail servers and anti-spam appliances/software they run think it is spam. If you're on their network using their servers, you're at the mercy of their anti-spam policies. It's the same way everywhere else who has mail servers that are not on global blacklists 🙂

If you haven't had luck with sending out the message, I'd take a quick look for anything in the message that might be getting it flagged for spam. Other than that, I'm counting this on being a fluke at the moment.

prisaz
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 5
(660 Views)

@shellseeker123 wrote:

I have now spent over 1 hour trying to send an email to someone I've been doing business with for several years. This is the 1st time I have received that spam message. Two words FIX IT. It is not protecting me from receiving spam it is only giving me a pain. You are over stepping your bounds----------------I do not need you reading my outgoing mail. 

I have the opposite. My inbound spam has increased ten fold. But I DO AGREE IN REGARDS TO PRIVACY! What you sent us your business, unless  it is being sent repeatedly to multiple people. Now I can see where that may be spam. I have even hear of Verizon blocking a monthy news letter because it goes out to the same list.Smiley Frustrated

kakingsbury
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 5 of 5
(633 Views)

I had the same problem with a Word document attachment I was trying to send.  Something I routinely do for this particular recipient and never had problems in the past.  This particular one just would not send because it was determined to be spam. The only way I was able to send it (after hours of other attempts) was to send it in a zipped folder.  Go figure.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.