Spam email
almquist99

This has been going on for several months.... I have tried everything possible to get this fixed. My email is sending out spam to contacts in my address book. I do not check email through outlook, only through the web and Verizon app on the phone. the emails states that that it was sent : Sent using Verizon.net Mobile

I have scanned my computers, scanned my phone and even changed my password and this continues. It sends 3 emails sometimes it sends 7 or more. All the spam links on the emails are different also. 

I have checked the forums and there does not seem to be an answer to fix this issue. I am getting a little tired of constantly changing my password. Will someone from Verizon please help!?!?!?!?!?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Spam email
almquist99

And I use the spam detector. This is sending them out, not spam coming in. I do not have this with other web based emails that I use on the same computer and phone. This is clearly a Verizon email issue

0 Likes
Re: Spam email
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

First of all, remember that spam sucks.

None of your equipment may be sending the spam.  It is trivial to spoof the sender of an email, but not the sending server.  It sounds like you have a copy of some of the spams.  If so, take a look at the full headers.  This will reveal the actual server that sent the email, and maybe even a specific machine or IP address.

The steps to view the full headers vary from email client to client, so check "help" in your email client to find out how.

Once you get the headers, it should be obvious where the messages are coming from.  If they aren't coming from any of your clients, there is little (nothing) you can do.  Again, spam sucks.

Good Luck,