Spam filters & "cleaning"
zwhy

I am trying to add a new spam filter because i get tons of spam. I am getting a message that I have duplicate filtesr. I have identified and tryied to delete. However, I get a message saying that no filter can be added or deleted until my filters are "cleaned". If I initiate the automatic cleaning, it just hangs there then times out. So, I am stuck. Can't edit the filters and the cleaning doesn't work. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Spam filters & "cleaning"
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@zwhy wrote:

I am trying to add a new spam filter because i get tons of spam. I am getting a message that I have duplicate filtesr. I have identified and tryied to delete. However, I get a message saying that no filter can be added or deleted until my filters are "cleaned". If I initiate the automatic cleaning, it just hangs there then times out. So, I am stuck. Can't edit the filters and the cleaning doesn't work. Any ideas?

Hello,

This would be the 'Filtering' feature for Verizon webmail via mail.verizon.com, correct?

And have you tried to edit (or delete) your filter through:

Settings -- Email Settings -- Filters -- Active Filters -- selecting a filter that is duplicated and clicking on the pencil icon for 'Edit' or the trash bin for 'Delete'?

Also, is the Spam Detector for Verizon webmail turned on? 

0 Likes