Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Spam

aremick
Contributor
Contributor

Spam

Message 1 of 4
(931 Views)

I seem to be getting a lot of e-mail spam with non standard ascii characters interspersed in the subject text:

Clipboard01.jpg

(Almost every word in the subject has these characters - they're not visible in every font ...)

Is there a way I can filter against those?

3 REPLIES 3
tns2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Spam

Message 2 of 4
(925 Views)

Well known spamming technique.  Not sure why the Verizon filter (done by a third party) hasn't been changed to flag such as Spam.

aremick
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(921 Views)

I added a filter to delete all e-mails not addressed to me, and set my Thunderbird to  delete all e-mails containing the specific characters off the pop server.

We'll see how that works...

tns2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 4
(919 Views)

Good luck with your filters.  Note I personally don't recommend deleting all email not addressed to you.  Perhaps just put it a separate folder.  I and many of my friends make liberal use of BCC so that we can share certain messages with many people WITHOUT letting everyone know everyone else's email address.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.