Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Spamdetector not well implemented & does not work.

Varezin
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Spamdetector not well implemented & does not work.

Message 1 of 4
(992 Views)

I sent an email to assist a friend who had received an Adobe Phishing message, and Verizon spamdetector blocked it.

After some time, Verizon liveguy said send the message to spamdetector, and 30 minutes later send the same message to your friend. In the meantime Verizon will send you NO MESSAGE confirming that the email will now pass.

I sent the email to a single addressee: spamdetector, and received no message that it was not delivered.

I sent the same message to a single addressee, with spamdetector's email address replaced by my friend's email address.

Spamdetector blocked it again, but my Verizon live guy has by now packed it in as it is after 5 pm Pacific Time.

Spamdetector is very elementary, and cannot:

1, forward the original message after checking,

2. cannot send me a message about the status of this message,

3. cannot even pass the message after I comply with Verizon's cumbersome proceedure as advised by live guy; but just keeps blocking this message to a single addressee (to help him with his problem).

4. can send messages to NSA.

Since the issue is an Adobe phishing message, I am planning to contact Adobe and have them perform the service that Verizon is apparently incapable of.

3 REPLIES 3
kaytabor30
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Re: Spamdetector not well implemented & does not work.

Message 2 of 4
(978 Views)

Varezin,

it's a fact that the live techs do not have communication with spam detect.the verizon spam detector is not catching new spam emails if you right click on the emails n choose reply then send you will get the spam faq which means that spam email has flew by verizon's high tech spam detector.don't expect verizon to change spam detect.

Varezin
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(910 Views)

You seem to have missed the point, which was:

VERIZON SPAM DETECTOR BLOCKED A MESSAGE THAT I SENT TO A SINGLE ADDRESSEE, BECAUSE IT THOUGHT THAT MY MESSAGE WAS SPAM, WHICH IT WASN'T.

JOSEm441
Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V

Message 4 of 4
(902 Views)

If you glance through the forum I am sure you have noticed complaints about the detector  & a few other features of Verizon & or Yahoo Webmail. I would highly recommend using a different client instead such as zohomail http://email.about.com/od/freeemailreviews/tp/free_email.htm .

From what I read the spam detector is not great, but the block sender list and filters can be useful if you insist upon using VZ webmail.

Please see the posts here by Hubrisnxs and Somegirl  for more details http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/spam-detector-not-working/td-p/441817

If a forum member gives an answer you like, please give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem. Thanks !!!
http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Fix-for-Missing-Inbox-sent-folders-etc-with-Internet-Explorer-11/m-p/647399
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.