Spams
SJN3

Is anyone else getting a lot of spams every day? The problem is getting worse. Verizon is, obviously, not paying attention, just collecting the money. Maybe the settings need to be changed again. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Spams
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

spam email is a fact of life. Nothing anyone can do about it. All you can do is get a spam filter to try and filter them out. Verizon has a very basic spam filter but it only catches the worst offenders. What you need is an email client software with a good spam filter. There are many choices for this. I personally use a program called Thunderbird. It has a great spam filter in my opinion. YMMV. Unfortunately the fight against spam is a loosing proposition.

Justin46
Legend

@SJN wrote:

Is anyone else getting a lot of spams every day? The problem is getting worse. Verizon is, obviously, not paying attention, just collecting the money. Maybe the settings need to be changed again. Thanks.

Do you have the SPAM filter turned on for all of your Verizon accounts? And if so, what do you have it doing, deleting it or putting it into a SPAM folder? I have four accounts set up, three for me and one for my wife, for one of mine I have it put all SPAM into a folder so I can check it using webmail , for the other three, including my wife's, I just have it delete all SPAM automatically. The reason I do it differently for the accounts is that for my main account I want to see the SPAM to make sure that the filter has not caught an email it shouldn't have; for the others, I don't care (don't tell my wife).

If you have not set the Verizon SPAM filter, you do it through the Account Tools selection at My Verizon. And if you have multiple Verizon email accounts, you need to log into each of those accounts separately and set the filter there.

Do you also have non-Verizon email accounts you are using? If so, you need to go to each of them, whatever they are, and see if they have any SPAM filters that you can set.

And finally, if you are using a PC-based client for email, some do offer built-in SPAM filters, as Spacedebris said. So you might want to try one of those.

I used to get 40-50 emails/day that the Verizon filter treated (legitimately) as SPAM and put in the SPAM folder. For some reason that number has dropped to probably 4-5/day, and I am not complaining. But for me, the Verizon filter works very well, it very rarely treats a legitimate email as SPAM, and it very rarely lets SPAM through. So I find it works great, and has for several years!

Just my experience, but you may want to check and make sure you have the filter turned on for all of your accounts.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
jones72043

I'm having a problem with one particular spam that is entitled "bra" and the domain name is continually changing to some some nonsensacle name that appears to be made up by the spammer.  I may receive as many as 2/day or they might skip a few days.  I have my blocked senders on and most of the time it catches this spam but occasionally it doesn't.  Does anyway know a way of preventing this particular spammer from getting into my e-mail and putting a stop to this nonsense. jones72043

0 Likes