Spotty Yahoo.Verizon email connectivity
JRB-51

Had verizon email thru yahoo portal for years with no issues - all settings/ports/security are correct. Recently, early in the day I cannot receive/send email, with system telling me my user name and/or passwrd is incorrect - which it is not. I used Thunderbird & switched to eM Client (which I like much better), but the same thing happended thia am. Interestingly enough, my wife uses Windows Live Mail thru a sub-account with the same server settings/ports/security & has not experienced this issue. Last bit of info is I cannot get my email on my smartphone (Android) when this happens with the same admonishment. Then sometime during the day, without changing a thing, email starts working correctly. I am at wits end & thought about dropping the yahoo portal tie in, but tech support said same ports/settings (other than server names) apply for in/out.verizon.net servers. Any Ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Spotty Yahoo.Verizon email connectivity
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are having with the email. I have sent you a private message to get more information.

0 Likes
No Yahoo.Verizon email connectivity on blackberry
jcjones1

Hi, I'm having a similar problem to the one described here. starting about 2 weeks ago, my blackberry was not able to connect to the verizon.net mail servers and I have not been successful in recreating the connection. I am getting a "bad username/password" error now everytime I go through the setup.

I can successfully send/receive mail from my ipad and laptop, but the blackberry is giving me a problem.

I noticed that I'm going through the Yahoo portal when I chek mail online, so is the server name different than

incoming.verizon.net or incoming.yahoo.verizon.net?

I've tried both with no luck. keeps saying my username/password/email address is wrong.

On my Blackberry, the setup prompts are:

*POP/IMAP

email address:

password:

email server:

username:

any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: No Yahoo.Verizon email connectivity on blackberry
nelsoncounty

Same problem here. I can read OK on the Yahoo Html, but get  the bad password message. Then it works for awhile??

0 Likes
Re: Spotty Yahoo.Verizon email connectivity
craftsmanbob

I have been having this problem for weeks. I called customer service and the problem was fixed momentarily, but now it's back. Around that same time I changed my password. There doesn't seem to by any rhyme or reason to when it actually does work. This definitely seems to be a Yahoo problem. Is it time to switch?

0 Likes