Starting yesterday I am unable to access email using Outlook
markebarn

Starting yesterday, I am unable to access email. Outlook keeps asking for my email account password which has not changed. My accoun thas been migrated to AOL. However, my server settings both incoming and outgoing have remained the same. I even turned off encrypted connections to see is it made a difference.

Anyne else with this issue and any solution?

0 Likes
Re: Starting yesterday I am unable to access email using Outlook
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please provide more SPECIFIC information so someone can help you.
DO NOT INCLUDE PRIVATE ACCOUNT INFORMATION

Software ?
PC Operating System:Ex:Windows 10
Browser: Ex: Google Chrome

Clear Browsing Data ?
Email System: Ex: Outlook which one ?

Did you go to Account Settings ? (and work with those tabs.)

0 Likes
RokinRobinLoxly
Enthusiast - Level 2

Similar problem, this:

Starting April 24, 2018 at 9:37 am EDT, my Outlook 2016 desktop PC email program stopped downloading incoming email from Verizon AOL servers to my desktop PC (with Windows 10, Office 365).  I can send email out of Outlook from my PC, but no emails download into Outlook.  I can download email OK into my online AOL account.  I can receive emails sent from my PC Outlook to my online AOL email account.  But when I try to download emails into Outlook on my PC, all I get are error messages "connection to the server was interrupted."  I was previously getting a similar error, where email downloads initiated by clicking on "send/receive" would timeout, so I extended the incoming email download time from 1 min to 2 min, and this worked for that problem for 2 days.  But now I can't download any emails into Outlook.  Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks in advance...

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
Mungoman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue. Can't receive emails using Outlook. Using Outlook 2007

and Windows XP 64 bit edition. Same thing happened to me a couple months ago and

someone solved it for me here. I believe I changed the incoming mail server to incoming.verizon.net.  Looks like something has changed again. I think AOL keeps doing this because they want people to use their website to access email so they can

sell more ads. My other Outlook settings Outgoing SMTP is smtp.verizon.net.

Advanced settings are POP3 995, SMTP 465. Anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

All I can say this is working for me in my set up

Outlook Email Settings used with AOL VERIZON Email

As of 7/13/2017   Outlook 2013 running under Windows 10

Email

Name:   ******@verizon.net       Type: POP/SMTP (send from this account by default)

Repair

Your Name:   *******

Email Address: ******@verizon.net

Password:  *********  (the new one you chose to migrate to AOL)

Next

Repair Account

Congratulations !

Configuring:  Outlook is completing the setup for your account.This might take several minutes

Establishing Network Connection

Searching for ******@verizon.net settings

Log on to server and send a test message

Your POP3 e-mail account is successfully configured

Finish

RokinRobinLoxly
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found a fix, from this webpage "Update Verizon.net account info in POP3 email applications":

https://help.aol.com/articles/verizon-move-to-aol-mail-updating-your-third-party-email-program-or-mo...

This page is dated April 13, 2018, and it tells me to simply change my Outlook email settings as follows:

incoming mail server to pop.verizon.net (had been incoming.verizon.net)

outgoing mail server to smtp.verizon.net (had been outgoing.verizon.net)

Did that, and everything is now back to normal.  Why the heck didn't Verizon/AOL/someone tell us this needed to be done?  Back when the Verizon to AOL email switch was forced upon us (a year ago?), I followed those instructions, and everything worked great.  Now they make this 2nd change and don't tell anybody.  Dammit !!!

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@RokinRobinLoxlywrote:

I found a fix, from this webpage "Update Verizon.net account info in POP3 email applications":

https://help.aol.com/articles/verizon-move-to-aol-mail-updating-your-third-party-email-program-or-mo...

This page is dated April 13, 2018, and it tells me to simply change my Outlook email settings as follows:

incoming mail server to pop.verizon.net (had been incoming.verizon.net)

outgoing mail server to smtp.verizon.net (had been outgoing.verizon.net)

Did that, and everything is now back to normal.  Why the heck didn't Verizon/AOL/someone tell us this needed to be done?  Back when the Verizon to AOL email switch was forced upon us (a year ago?), I followed those instructions, and everything worked great.  Now they make this 2nd change and don't tell anybody.  Dammit !!!

UH.  Those names were changed a long long time ago.  Well before the switch over to AOL.  There was plenty of notification about the change at the time. 

I am surprised that they were working for you as many who hadn't changed them found they could not access them years ago.

0 Likes