Stop Verizon Email Spam
geotv
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone know how to make them stop?  Ive unsubscribed multiple times, waited the the ten days, and nothing changes.  They just keep coming.

Verizon for the last time, I do not want to watch 12 years a slave!!!!

Re: Stop Verizon Email Spam
gamer99
Contributor - Level 1

you can try going into your My Verizon account page. go under my PROFILE and then  MANAGE INTERNET and then under manage online advertising preferences.  Just click on the DO NOT participate option. Try that if it works.

good luck

0 Likes
geotv
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, I already did that but apparently Verizon really really wants me to make sure Ive seen their ads for PPV. 

jankabar

This is driving me crazy.  Getting multiple emails from Verizon daily and weekly.  I've opted out of everything I can and still the crap keeps coming.  VERIZON - respect your customers and let us stop this deluge.  Terrible customer experience as a relatively new customer. 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

You probably missed something.  I get none of the type you are mentioning.

I did just  get one from Verizon, that shoudl not be sent, and is missing the correct unsubscibe otpions  at the bottom of the email. That one was about prpapring for and fixing summer outages.  The only one I have st, and normally receive, is the mandatory one for account / service related.

0 Likes
44lefty

Why is my e-mail being refused as spam? this is the message I get: 554 5.7.1 The message you attempted to send was determined to be spam. Please visit http://www.verizon.net/spamfaq for more information.

0 Likes
frustrateduser9
Enthusiast - Level 1

This happens to me quite often also.  The sad thing is that I am forwarding a message to someone that was already sent to me through - wait for it - Verizon!        Then the FAQ link they refer to does nothing.  Just like Verizon customer service.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@44lefty wrote:

Why is my e-mail being refused as spam? this is the message I get: 554 5.7.1 The message you attempted to send was determined to be spam. Please visit http://www.verizon.net/spamfaq for more information.

As stated in the Spam FAQ page, you can send the message to spamdetector.update@verizon.net for review. You attach the message that you are unable to send, and they review it. Depending on the outcome of the investigation, the filter will either be updated to allow the content that was previously blocked, or it will be determined to be a legitimate block and no changes will be made.

Some troubleshooting steps you can try:
If you have a signature, try removing one line at a time from it and attempting to send the message again. Some signatures look like "ads" to the filters, apparently.

If you are using a pop3 client (Outlook, Outlook Express, etc.) try sending your message from the verizon.net website. If this resolves the issue, then it is something that your client is adding to the message that is causing it to be blocked.

If the Subject line of your message has a whole bunch of "Fwd: Fwd: Re: Fwd:" try removing some of them.

Remove any links/URLs from the email one at a time to isolate if one of them is causing the block.

Some people have suggested sending the message to check@isnotspam.com for investigation. This may work for you as well.

0 Likes
tommyT4

Having received many thousands of spam, out of desparation, I decided to forward the latest 500 spam mails to the Verizon CEO, McAdam, pleading that he do something aout them.

A verizon rep said I was getting them because I belonged to the "points reward program", and she would fix it for me. That, of course, didn't even slow them down. I get between 20 to 30 a day, and have forwarded thousands to the "Spam Detector Not Caught"......which is also useless.

The BIG IRONY is when I tried to send the email with the attached 500 spam mails for the CEO could enjoy them as much as I, it was returned as being determined as SPAM.......the same ones VZ  sent me!!! I tried changing the header, etc....but VZ continued to catch it as SPAM !! I think these are all VERIZON SPONSORED spams, from which they share in the revenue  produced.

I am a VZ retiree, and other than verizon, nobody uses the @verizon,net email to contact me.....is there a way to delete that email address??

0 Likes