Stumping the band...
fenderjazz02169

In the last week I've spent about five hours online with the Verizon techs trying to figure out why my e-mail account can't be configured for ANY mail client.  The last time was Sunday morning, where we went painfully and repeatedly over every standard step -- all of which I'd already tried -- and a few little off-the-wall tricks, with no luck.  Fiinally whoever it was on the Asian subcontinent basically threw up his hands and said the issue would have to be "elevated to the e-mail team", who would call me to get this straightened out.

Well, that was Sunday.  This is late Wednesday.  If Verizon had any kind of spam filter setup that actually did anything, I wouldn't be worried, nor would I be if I needed Wen hair products, cheap auto insurance or Canadian pharmaceuticals, but as it is I'm drowning.  Anybody out there got  more of a clue than the paid Verizonites?

Oh, and I'd have sent this in an e-mail to Tech Support or somebody, but guess what?  Verizon doesn't let you do that.

0 Likes
Re: Stumping the band...
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

For the sake of example, we are going to pretend that we are setting up fictional account "fakeacct@verizon.net" and the password for logging into that account in webmail is "fakepassword" - Again, this is a fictitious account for the sake of an example.

The settings for using Verizon's servers would be:
Incoming Server: pop.verizon.net
Server Requires Authentication: Yes
Username: fakeacct
Password: fakepassword
Requires a Secure Connection (SSL): Yes
Port: 995

Outgoing Server: smtp.verizon.net
Server Requires Authentication: Yes (You can set it to use the same settings as incoming, or manually enter the username and password.)
Requires a Secure Connection (SSL): Yes
Port: 465

If you are given the option anywhere for Secure Password Authentication (SPA), set it to No or Normal

These settings should work unless you have a Verizon/Yahoo account, in which case the server names are: incoming.yahoo.verizon.net -and- outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

If all of that is set up and it's still not working, your best bet is to provide a screenshot of your settings (with personal information blocked/removed) and any errors you are getting.

0 Likes
fenderjazz02169

Um...gee, do you suppose the tech I spent three hours on the phone with, with both of us logged into my screen, didn't know any of this? 

Believe me, we went through every permutation imaginable.  Repeatedly.  The problem lies not in the elementary stuff, but somewhere only the "e-mail team" (a direct quote) can find it.  If they want to.  Which apparently they don't, since it's now a week since I was promised a direct response.

But thanks, nonetheless.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Are you accessing the email account through a Verizon IP address or are you using another ISP?

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@fenderjazz02169 wrote:

Um...gee, do you suppose the tech I spent three hours on the phone with, with both of us logged into my screen, didn't know any of this? 

Believe me, we went through every permutation imaginable.  Repeatedly.  The problem lies not in the elementary stuff, but somewhere only the "e-mail team" (a direct quote) can find it.  If they want to.  Which apparently they don't, since it's now a week since I was promised a direct response.

But thanks, nonetheless.

I'll reiterate:

If all of that is set up and it's still not working, your best bet is to provide a screenshot of your settings (with personal information blocked/removed) and any errors you are getting.

We're peers here. We can't see what you have set up or what's going on with your account. If you want help, provide information.

0 Likes