Sub-Account mailbox disabled and unable to delete a sub-account
HughB
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife's email address suddenly stopped working today.  Anyone who sends her email recieves the following error message:

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<{edited for privacy}@verizon.net>:
Remote host said:
550 4.2.1 mailbox temporarily disabled: {edited for privacy}@verizon.net
[RCPT_TO]

I have looked at the "Manage Sub-Accounts" section of My Verizon, but can see no where to remedy this.  One interesting thing - I have another sub-account called {edited for privacy} and Manage Sub-Accounts won't let me delete it.  When I try to delete it, the system propmts me for my password and sends me to another page. If I go back to the My Verizon/Profile/Manage Sub-Accounts page, the {edited for privacy} sub-account is still there.

0 Likes
Re: Sub-Account mailbox disabled and unable to delete a sub-account
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@HughB wrote:

My wife's email address suddenly stopped working today.  Anyone who sends her email recieves the following error message:

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<{edited for privacy}@verizon.net>:
Remote host said:
550 4.2.1 mailbox temporarily disabled: {edited for privacy}@verizon.net
[RCPT_TO]

I have looked at the "Manage Sub-Accounts" section of My Verizon, but can see no where to remedy this.  One interesting thing - I have another sub-account called {edited for privacy} and Manage Sub-Accounts won't let me delete it.  When I try to delete it, the system propmts me for my password and sends me to another page. If I go back to the My Verizon/Profile/Manage Sub-Accounts page, the {edited for privacy} sub-account is still there.

Is your wife able to log into her account and check her email?

When you are in the Manage Sub Accounts section, do you see your wife's account?

Is the "This account will have email." box checked when you view it?

As for the other account that you are unable to delete, you may need to contact Verizon support for assistance with that one.

0 Likes