SubAccount not receiving incoming emails
PAS701

One of my sub-account emails is not receiving emails, they are returned with the following error: Remote host said: 550 4.2.1 mailbox temporarily disabled.

I have tried the online chat help twice and after an hour, I disconnected. I even called and after an hour, they were unable to help, they assigned me a number {edited for privacy} and that someone would call me back in 72 hours - that was 2 weeks ago.

I have reset the password, checked to make sure all setting match my main email account and the other 2 sub-accounts and they do.

Any suggestions besides deleting this sub-account email - which can send emails just fine, it just cannot receive them.

0 Likes
Re: SubAccount not receiving incoming emails
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

I would recommend disabling email access for the sub (not deleting it, just uncheking the email access box) and then re-enabling it. (After downloading your important emails/contacts, just in case.)

0 Likes
VerizonBlows9
Enthusiast - Level 2
I too have a SubAccount that will not receive incoming emails. I'm getting the same error: "Remote host said: 550 4.2.1 mailbox temporarily disabled." Was a solution to this ever posted? I've contacted chat and they have been useless, at best. They've asked me to white-list this account which doesn't make sense to me as when I send email to this sub account from MY Verizon account, it bounces. Why would have to white-list an email from a Verizon domain. Someone here mentioned enabling/disabling a sub account. Where exactly is this functionality as it's not available under "Manage Your Profile Settings" on the Verizon web site. Any ideas???
0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@VerizonBlows wrote:
...Someone here mentioned enabling/disabling a sub account. Where exactly is this functionality as it's not available under "Manage Your Profile Settings" on the Verizon web site. Any ideas???

While logged into the primary account, click on Accounts & Services near the top of the page, then click on Profile on the left.

Underneath Account Settings, you should have a section titled Manage Sub Accounts. Click the Manage button to expand that section.

Click on the drop-down that says Select a Sub Account to Manage and select the sub you are having trouble with. This should expand the section further, providing a check-box in the bottom right of the section labelled This account will have Email.

If it is checked, uncheck it to disable email access, and click the Save button.

Once that is complete or if it was unchecked to begin with, follow the same process but check the box to enable email access before clicking the Save button.

Future readers: Please note that these directions are accurate as of right now (11/22/13), but Verizon changes the account pages fairly regularly. This information may be inaccurate in a week or a month or a year.

VerizonBlows9
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you so much for your response.

I think the interface has changed yet again as I do not see a a check-box in the bottom right of the section labelled This account will have Email as noted in the image below.

With this sub account unable to receive email for 7 days, it was finally resolved this morning (Saturday) but without issue...  My wife went on a chat session for over an hour and having to repeat, repeat, and repeat the issue over and over (transcript saved) she finally was able to escalate the issue to the email server team who immediately resolved it.  The issue was that I made her sub account an "Administrator" on Monday and the tech guy says that Yahoo - our email provider - has issues with more than one "Administrator" account.  Therefore, THEY prevented email from being received.  Everything works now and she still retains the "Administrator" role.

I too made an attempt via a chat session yesterday for over an hour as well but I didn't have the patience (if an hour means I didn't have patience) and I gave up with no resolution.  I too had to continually repeat the issue only to have the tech tell me the account is in good standing.  I kept telling him, just send an email to the account and it will bounce back within 2 seconds yet he would not do it (transcript saved as well). 

I want to thank you again very much (somegirl) for at least attempting to assist me with my issue.  Even though it wasn't the solution I attempted to give you Kudos.  However, it didn't seem to work.

What's frustrating for me is both my wife and I work in hi tech and are completely irritated when something as simple as this becomes a daunting request for an online support person (via India).  With all the great products and resources Verizon has, their support is absolutely terrible.  This also includes numerous support requests and bugs I've addressed for their iPad an iPhone apps. Oh, and I still hate their un-intutive web site.  Hopefully you can understand why I've named my handle as such (although I would like to change it).

Thank goodness for people like you (somegirl)....

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@VerizonBlows wrote:

...The issue was that I made her sub account an "Administrator" on Monday and the tech guy says that Yahoo - our email provider - has issues with more than one "Administrator" account.  Therefore, THEY prevented email from being received.  Everything works now and she still retains the "Administrator" role....

Ah, if you have Verizon/Yahoo then you'll have a different interface than plain Verizon accounts. I don't have access to a Verizon/Yahoo account, so I do not know what the steps would be for dis/enabling mail for those.

Definitely glad to read that you were able to get it resolved, though!

0 Likes
edfinigan

I just tried to enter severl sub accounts, but when I sent test e-mails to them from eudora I get the 550 4.2.1 mailbox temporarily disabled error code.  No solution found on forum other than saving and re-saving email account info to no avail.

Is this a permant or temporary proplem?

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@edfinigan wrote:

I just tried to enter severl sub accounts, but when I sent test e-mails to them from eudora I get the 550 4.2.1 mailbox temporarily disabled error code.  No solution found on forum other than saving and re-saving email account info to no avail.

Is this a permant or temporary proplem?

Whether it is permanent or temporary depends on the cause. I recommend getting in touch with tech support via one of the options on Verizon's Contact Us page so they can take a look at your account.

0 Likes