Switch Account

Tech support with erroneous info.

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Tech support with erroneous info.

Message 1 of 2
(814 Views)

This is more of a verizon mail question, but no option to choose that here.

I know AOL supports it, but i spoke with a tech person from Verizon and they told me to use SSL/TLS as the setting in the Advanced Internet email settings.

This is wrong.  When i kept it on STARTTLS , it is fine.

The issue was something else and after i reset my AOL email password it worked fine in Outlook. I think the security level for pswds just was taken up a level.

The other thing i noticed is that Verizon says to call AOL about issues if they cant help.  When i tried to get help from AOL, I found out they charge $ for that help.  They wouldnt help me with the settings in Outlook unless i called the premium service.  Email settings shouldnt be a charge. That is sad.  I also noticed that i am now getting emails from AOL about updating info ... after i already had issues weeks ago.  They shouldve said things changed before.  When they update password requirements , they should alert you so that you set a new one and you dont have issues with email fed to Outlook.  Anyway, no more free suppport on email settings.  I am not happy about that.

1 REPLY 1
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Tech support with erroneous info.

Message 2 of 2
(788 Views)
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.