Tech support
TheCrone

I can't get into my e-mail.  I stupidly thought on-line chat would fix it.  I wasn SADLY mistaken.  Is there a way to let Verizon know just how HORRIBLY upset I am with this non-service?  The chat support person claimed there would be a survey when she essentially hung up on me.  There was no survey.  I suppose they will e-mail one - to the account I can't access.

0 Likes
Re: Tech support
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is your email issue? (BTW, this will probably be moved to an email forum)

Did you forget your password?

How are you accessing your email (client or webmail)?

Are you getting an error?

0 Likes
TheCrone

Yes, I'm getting a message.  It says contact tech support.  (I get that message when using webmail.  When using my client, I simply get "no response from server.")

No, I didn't "forget" my password as it's saved in my client.

Tech support can't seem to fix it so it appears I have lost the account and all emails.  I spend over 1 hour on the phone with them and they called back twice.  It's still not fixed.

My question - and I would like to have it answered - when I tried online chat, I was told there would be a survey about the issue.  The online chat was closed against my wishes by the rep.  I was never given the opportunity to take the survey.  My guess is that's because she didn't want anyone to know she spent 2 hours telling me she could only help me recover my password - but she couldn't even do that.

How can I either take the survey or file a complaint about the chat reps?  Her solution was to submit a trouble ticket that will be addressed in 2-3 months.  Yes, months.  By that time my contract will have ended with Verizon.  I really don't see a reason to renew at that time.  Comcast offers lousy service at a much lower rate.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

FYI, you're talking to customers here.  We might be able to help you, but you'll need to post a few more details.  We only know what you tell us.  Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't know any way to file a complaint with VZ about a specific rep (chat or phone).  If that's all you're interesting in doing, you might want to try calling them and asking.

If you're interested in getting help from other users on your technical issue, post back with some more details.  There are a bunch of helpful people lurking here and someone might have a good idea for you.

Enjoy.

0 Likes
TheCrone

I get that this is a FORUM and consists of customers.  However - Verizon employees monitor it and should be able to answer simple questions.  I was really hoping that, like normal service based companies, a company employee would see that there is a really unhappy customer and try to help.

As far as the log in issue - not sure what more I can say.  The only information I have is - Verizon's paid employees who work in tech support cannot explain why I can't get into my email.  They assure me it should work - they also say they know it doesn't and they don't know why.

Calling gets me back to the same people who told me that the NORMAL trouble ticket response time is 2-3 months.  That means they have "escalated" the issue and will repair it in 2-3 MONTHS.  By that time, any e-mails I have received are moot.  I cannot wait 2-3 months for my e-mails. 

If a Verizon employee sees this - last shot.  Get a real human to call me and address this or accept that I will be moving both my home and business accounts away.  I know one small home account is nothing.  I know my business account is a real loss.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well, you've made it clear you don't want help from other customers.  I could ask you to provide the server settings you're using in your email client, but I guess you don't want to go down that route.

Verizon never answers questions here.  The Verizon moderators escalate some issues to the support team.  They typically communicate through the private messaging feature of this forum.  If your issue is escalated, a moderator will post instructions.  Be sure to follow them.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
pl
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had problems getting my email account to work for some time.  The difficulty, as you have found, is getting to a tech person who knows enough to fix things, at least in my experience.  The regular tech support tries to be helpful but often works for some time without being able to correct anything.  I have spent hours with tech support until I was finally connected to someone who corrected things within a few minutes.

I used a number which I understood had something to do with website related issues.  I believe someone there who was very helpful transferred me to another group to correct my email issues, but I don't have that number.

My problem was that the POP server wasn't accepting my login from some sub-accounts; I would just get a rejection error, something like improper authorization (meaning my login and password weren't being accepted, so that despite being set up on the regular account management website, were probably not being posted to the POP server access routines).

I use a POP client, not the website, for email.  I don't know what you might be using.  Much of the regular Verizon website for account management seems messed up.  You will find links to handle some management that simply don't work (in my case, it was the management of the telephone services).  Support gave me another website address which worked as expected, but it's not the standard account management website (which got into some loop).

0 Likes
Kaylee5

Anyone ever heard of US iguruz?  yesterday i tried to get into Myverizon to view my bill and it was blocked with a message saying that I needed to contact Verizon due to some security thing.  I did.  The rep told me I a third party had access to my computer and so he needed to bounce to their level 7? or 5? security techs who are a separate COMPANY call US iguruz and they will clear the problem.....a koobface worm.  Look up on google.  In short, after being told it would take 2 hours to clean, at a cost $350, providing my personal information to a company that is NOT VERIZON, and this morning seeing all my securities undone (McAfee, my computer password, etc), I'm feeling gullible and suspicious.  US iguruz FAILED the BBB rating.  There is no news about them, no business ratings that I could find.  Anyone have any info or insight?  I'm ready to just cut Verizon altogether and go through the hassle of setting up an entire new wireless life (new number, new everything)

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Kaylee wrote:

Anyone ever heard of US iguruz?  yesterday i tried to get into Myverizon to view my bill and it was blocked with a message saying that I needed to contact Verizon due to some security thing.  I did.  The rep told me I a third party had access to my computer and so he needed to bounce to their level 7? or 5? security techs who are a separate COMPANY call US iguruz and they will clear the problem.....a koobface worm.  Look up on google.  In short, after being told it would take 2 hours to clean, at a cost $350, providing my personal information to a company that is NOT VERIZON, and this morning seeing all my securities undone (McAfee, my computer password, etc), I'm feeling gullible and suspicious.  US iguruz FAILED the BBB rating.  There is no news about them, no business ratings that I could find.  Anyone have any info or insight?  I'm ready to just cut Verizon altogether and go through the hassle of setting up an entire new wireless life (new number, new everything)

That sounds pretty scam-y to me. How did you contact Verizon? By calling 1-800-VERIZON?

0 Likes