Re: The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that CAN NOT BE VERIFIED.
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

I have entered and reentered your setting over and over and it fails every time. I go back to 110 and 587 it works wonderfully.

Would the fact Yahoo is our mail server change any of this?

0 Likes
Re: The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that CAN NOT BE VERIFIED.
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

I also should mention those instructions are for DSL, are they different for FIOS?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

No.  ITs the same email service for all of Verizon's email service, with only a different server for the Yahoo offering. 

official doc is at http://verizon.com/emailsettings

Don't remember what client you said you were trying to get to work but you really need to try again.  Note there are some changes from what was used a few changes although the recommended ports of the change.  If it doesn't work try and post some screen shots or text copy of all settings except mask out personal info such as userid and password.  Hopfully one of us peers here will spot your problem.  At this point I haven't heard of any client (including the recently solved Eudora problem) that hasn't worked with the new settings.

Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

In the past the Verizon folks made it clear that you had to enter "outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net or incoming.yahoo.verizon.net".

The instructions you sent state to enter it as "pop.verizon.net", is yahoo now left out of the entry?

0 Likes
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH FINALLY!! It seems to be correct now with the 995 and 465.

MANY MANY THANKS,

0 Likes
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

My emails send and receive however at least once a day I am still getting this message having gone back to the 995 and 465 ports and all the other instructions were followed completely.

The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that CAN NOT BE VERIFIED.

A certificate chain processed but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider.

Do you want to continue using this server?

I have to check on yes use this server at least two or three times a day. 

I have done searches and this problems comes up every where on the internet for people using YAHOO AND VERIZON. No one else seems to be having this problem. 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Possibly you are missing a root provider.  Have you updated your certificates with Microsoft (should only have to do with Windows XP or earlier).

ps:  I see you originally said you were windows 7, so you shouldn'g have the above problem.  Can you see what certificate is giving you this error.  Possibly a bad certificate or missing root certificate on some YAHOO server.  If so it would be Yahoo that needs to fix it. 

0 Likes
Beelzy
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is not an issue with a missing root provider.  And the certificate is owned by Verizon, not Yahoo.  And people need to stop discussing non-SSL and non-VerizonYahoo settings in this thread.  As I said many posts above, it  appears that the certificate itself is invalid. 

Issuer:

CN = Cybertrust Public SureServer SV CA
O = Cybertrust Inc

Valid From:

‎Tuesday, ‎August ‎06, ‎2013 3:47:49 PM

Valid To:

‎Tuesday, ‎October ‎06, ‎2015 12:10:54 AM

Subject:

CN = outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net
OU = Messaging
O = Verizon Data Services LLC
L = Grapevine
S = Texas
C = US

Key Usage: (this appears to be a problem)

Digital Signature, Key Encipherment (a0)

This certificate chain appears to be processing and ending with this certificate at the root (no higher level certificate in the path).

0 Likes
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

I agree it appears to be something the Verizon Client can not correct themselves it is at the Level of Verizon and Yahoo needing to repair or update some file.

All the searching and researching I have been doing to find a fix keeps comes back to Verizon and Yahoo users.

There is a huge number of Verizon clients searching the internet because they aren't getting any place with Verizon in getting help.

Our own experience was the TECH changed everything to a unsecured setting that worked but I learned on this forum provided NO security what so ever.

HOW DO WE GET THIS MESSAGE TO SOMEONE AT VERIZON WHO CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS PROBLEM ONCE AND FOR ALL?

0 Likes
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

If we set up our account to the instructions given by Verizon our email does not work.

• Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.verizon.net
  • Incoming Server Port Numbers: 995
  • Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.verizon.net
  • Outgoing Server Port Numbers: 465  Why is this important?

Unless a person enters incoming.yahoo.verizon.net the POP3 will not work the way it is stated here to do as

pop.verizon.net

However even by entering it with the incoming.yahoo.verizon.net the root issue comes up at least three times a day.

0 Likes