kaytabor30
Enthusiast - Level 3

just like all the other problems verizon has they blame someone else

GO VERIZON

0 Likes
Re: MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH INVALID CERTIFICATE'S ON VERIZON'S SERVERS
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

Since we can not receive or send email without clicking OK on the error message to go around the Untrusted Fraudulent Security Certificate does it do any good, do we EVEN have any kind of security?

We might as well go back to the Verizon Techs setting for NO SSL at least we did not get an error every email.

Can someone give us an answer please?

0 Likes
Re: The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that CAN NOT BE VERIFIED.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Friendly,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that CAN NOT BE VERIFIED.
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

Lawrence,

Last night I was trying to work with the Techs you sent me to. Time and time again we would communicating then when I tried to go back I kept getting the screen to Open an Account for this Forum.

Finally I gave up, maybe you can let them know. One did not realized or know that for years we had been set up for Yahoo server by Verizon.

Our incoming account is and was set up by Verizon as incoming.yahoo.verizon.net. This tech insisted it had to be incoming.verizon.net and the same with outgoing.verizon.net.

Finally I was able to show him THE ACCOUNTS HAVE TO HAVE

INCOMING.YAHOO.VERIZON.NET ETC to work and OUTGOING.YAHOO.VERIZON.NET

If the tech did not know this simple thing with the accounts I have my concerns about how much they could help with the Security Certificates not be recognized problem.

If you can put me in touch with a tech I will try again. Last night it was frustrating I would try to send in the answers to their questions and instead I was sent to the setting up an account for this forum page.

0 Likes
kaytabor30
Enthusiast - Level 3
Nickel Contributor
Friendly
Accepted SolutionThe server you are connected to is using a security certificate that CAN NOT BE VERIFIED.

First we have changed nothing, we have not done anything to our Yahoo or Outlook 2003 and suddenly this starts popping up all the time.

We have Windows 7, Office Pro. 2003 and use Outlook 2003 with Verizon Fios and Yahoo is our email server. This message started popping up yesterday out no where, does anyone have any thoughts about it? I have posted it on the Verizon site, however I have more faith in the help I receive here thank you.

The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that CAN NOT BE VERIFIED.

A certificate chain processed but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider.

Do you want to continue using this server?

friendly,

you are on windows 7 why use a out of date outlook express when windows 7 comes with windows live mail (very good email client just fyi)

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

@Friendly wrote:

If you can put me in touch with a tech I will try again. Last night it was frustrating I would try to send in the answers to their questions and instead I was sent to the setting up an account for this forum page.

Are you able to access your support case today?

0 Likes
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

I surrender, I will just have to click on the option to go around the SSL.

I am not complaining, I just competed 45 days of Radiation Treatments for an Aggressive Form of Prostate Cancer and I still have 20 months of Hormone Treatments to go.

This kind of thing wipes a person on Radiation therapy out, the treatments really fatigue a person and this has been as much as I can tackle right now. 

Thank you everyone I am beat, maybe in a few weeks I will be strong enough to go at this again.

Don't get old or sick on the Obama Health Care plan, it will kill you one way or the other.

Right now we don't have the money to invest in a newer Outlook and I may not even be here to use.

Again thank you all,

0 Likes
kaytabor30
Enthusiast - Level 3

friendly,

you can get the newer version of outlook for free just google  microsoft outlook express 2013 and you have windows 7 so you have windows live mail also.  i will pray for you

fyi go on the microsoft site and get outlook if that's what you wanna use

0 Likes
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

Thank you for everything 

Again thank you and everyone else who tried to help the old guy.

0 Likes
Re: MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH INVALID CERTIFICATE'S ON VERIZON'S SERVERS
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you accept the certificate then ssl is used, so it is secured.

There has been an argument over multiple vendors, not just Verizon, having this problem.  Some say its up to the Certificate user (in this case Verizon) to supply their certificate and intermediates up to but not including the root.  Others argue that that is optional. I don't know which is correct.

You can get around the problem by installing the missing intermediates on your machine.  Back when I was doing this kind of thing for my company we always had to install all the certificates by hand on the servers(and track all expiration dates to make sure they stayed current), and I guess the customers were given which ever ones they needed.

0 Likes