Thunderbird/3.0.4 e-mail stopped sending messages
DocRAL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can someone help me get my Thunderbird e-mail back up and running?   It stopped sending messages when Verizon made the changes to e-mail late in April.  I tried changing the setting and now I cannot send nor receive.  This is more than a bit frustrating and to be told that I need to pay extra to get support given the large bill I pay each month - and when it was their changes that caused the problem - is more than a bit frustrating.    Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Thunderbird/3.0.4 e-mail stopped sending messages
DocRAL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you so much for the information.   It solved my problems and I am back up and running!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try this: verify you can login to email on verizon.net with your current Verizon email username and password. If you can login successfully, then verify your  pop3 email settings in your Thunderbird. Be sure that where it asks for username, you only put in the username and not the complete email address and vice versa. Also incoming port should be 110 and outgoing should be 25 or 587. If you can't login to your email account on Verizon central then you may need to check/change your password. Hope this helps.

^^

0 Likes
DocRAL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you so much for the information.   It solved my problems and I am back up and running!!

0 Likes