Thunderbird and Email Sub Accts
jvallee1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been trying for the last 10 days to figure out why I cannot send emails with Thunderbird using an email sub acct.

When I set up the sub acct, I specified that the acct DOES NOT have a verizon.net address.

Something changed recently (about 10 days ago when this started).

I had been able to use my work email address (a non verizon address) as my email address (sent from).  Suddenly that stopped working.  I changed it to my personal email address and I was able to send emails again.

OK.. so I thought setup a sub acct and call it Work in Thunderbird, follow the instructions in all the help files (including the msg about settings in my antivirus).

This is what I am finding:

If I set the Work acct's (subacct) SMTP to use the default (primary user - outgoing.verizon.net) Thunderbird says it was sent BUT it never shows up (I'm sending emails to myself)

If I set the Work acct's (subacct) SMTP to use the sub acct username - outgoing.verizon.net Thunderbird says password is not being valid even though I can use that same password to sign onto My Verizon under the sub acct.

Primary and sub acct have different passwords.

The only way my Work acct can send email successfully is if I use my personal email address in the identity (sent from) and use the default SMTP

I have 2 problems to resolve...

How do I get Verizon to accept my non-verizon address

How do I get Verizon to accept my sub acct password?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  I have screen captures but don't know how to attach to this msg

JV

Spoiler

Re: Thunderbird and Email Sub Accts
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I'm sorry for the problems you are having with your email. As far as a non verizon address, the port number for SMTP has to be changed to 587. Also make sure you are using the sub accounts username and password for the SMTP authentication. If the password lets you login on the website , then one of the password settings in thunderbird is incorrect. Make sure your not set to Kerberos or anything like that. If you are still having problems then send me a private message.

0 Likes