Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Transfer Verizon.net email to free Yahoo account prior to switch

Contributor
Contributor

Transfer Verizon.net email to free Yahoo account prior to switch

Message 1 of 2
(1,410 Views)

My family is planning on switching service providers from Verizon to a local buisness called Blink.  My mother uses her verizon.net email everyday, and I read on here that after you cancel the service you can switch to a free yahoo account.  Is that still true to this day?  If so, is there a way to transfer prior to cancelling the service?  Lastly, what will become of her multple disposable email addresses? (They are all XXX-XXXXX@yahoo.com). She would rather not pay the $20 a year for the domain.  Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I

Re: Transfer Verizon.net email to free Yahoo account prior to switch

Message 2 of 2
(1,397 Views)

You cannot switch an email domain. Anything ending @verizon.net belongs to Verizon and cannot be used by yahoo or any other email provider. Your only option to retain the use of a verizon.net email is the keepmyemail for 20 bucks. This must be set up prior to putting in an order to end service. Email address ending @yahoo.com belong to yahoo and have nothing to do with your Verizon service.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.