Transferring Emails and Folders from Verizon email program to the Outlook
tr025

Question...I set up Outlook and then used TrueSwitch to migrate my email and folders from the old account to the new.  The emails and folders didn't transfer to or do not appear the Outlook program.  How do I make that happen?

0 Likes
Re: Transferring Emails and Folders from Verizon email program to the Outlook
Hubo_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

Hi tr025,

I'm sorry you are having trouble with Outlook and TrueSwitch.  Are you using the TrueSwitch program at TrueSwitch? If you look at the top right hand corner there are a set of instructions on how to import your email and contacts using Outlook. If you did not use the Outlook based version the emails would go to the web-based account instead.

If you are still having trouble with TrueSwitch feel free to email verizon@trueswitch.com with any additonal information.

0 Likes
DavidMKline

I have used Outlook for years, and want to migrate my wife and her laptop to Outlook.

She has been using the Verizon email application for several years, and has built up a large contacts folder.

How do I move her contact list (~350 contacts) from the Verizon email application to the Outlook Address Book?

Thanks to community for your help.

DavidMKline

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

With difficulty.  Verizon has no tools to help you that I have heard of. Some others have developed screen scrappers to help with contact lists.

Messages content in folders is another question.  I don't have a good solution, but you could move all the messages back (perhaps a folder at a time) to the inbox, then download them and move them to outlook folders.

ps: trueswitch is going going .... gone on June 30.

0 Likes
atmylimit
Dear TNS_2,

Might you have any other suggestions now that Trueswitch is gone? For the last month I have been getting emails from Verizon stating "Your mailbox is almost full." I need to pull my SIX YEARS OF EMAILS off this system as I fear Verizon will delete them very soon. I would love to migrate to Outlook. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
0 Likes
everettwilliams

How do I transfer per subject Windows 7, Vista

0 Likes
ccrccr

I have Windows 8 and just installed Outlook 2013.  Is there now a way to transfer (1) the emails I put into folders and (2) my contacts from Verizon to Outlook?  Thank you for any advice.

0 Likes
Emer

I want to make all my Verizon contacts available on my outlook program.   How is that done.

0 Likes