Trouble Migrating Subaccounts to AOL
jeffryr

Here's a strange one.  I have one primary account and four sub-accounts used for email.  The primary account and two of the four sub-accounts (sub-account2 and sub-account3) have received the notification and been ported to AOL.  The first sub-account appears to have been crosslinked with an sub-account named XXXXX that I never heard of in that:

1) the password is the same for the first sub-account and the XXXXX account verified via telnet pop.version.com 110 followed by either

a) user XXXXX@verizon.net

b) pass YYYYY

c) list

d) retr 1

or

a) user sub-account1@verizon.net

b) pass YYYYY

c) list

d) retr 1

2) mail sent to XXXXX@verizon.net shows up in sub-account1's mailbox

3) XXXXX@verizon.net received notification that June 13, 2017 is the cutoff date to migrate to AOL

If I attempt to login to http://webmail.verizon.com as either sub-account1 or XXXXX, I get a page that tells me "My Verizon is temporarily unavailable".  If I login as the primary account or sub-account2 or sub-account3 I get the message that the account has already been migrated to AOL.  If I login to sub-account4 I get the mailbox associated with that sub-account.  Mail sent to sub-account1 or XXXXX continues to work and can be retrieved via POP.  Has anyone seen this behaviour before?

0 Likes