Trouble setting up verizon.net account in outlook 2007
SLHawk

Has any else experienced trouble setting up outlook to handle their verizon.net e-mail?  I keep getting an error message stating that the servier will not accept my login credentials.  However, I can sign in direct to verizon.net without any issues.  So, I know the Userid and password are not the culprits.

0 Likes
Re: Trouble setting up verizon.net account in outlook 2007
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

For the sake of example, we are going to pretend that we are setting up fictional account "fakeacct@verizon.net" and the password for logging into that account in webmail is "fakepassword" - Again, this is a fictitious account for the sake of an example.

The settings for using Verizon's servers would be:
Incoming Server: incoming.verizon.net
Server Requires Authentication: Yes
Username: fakeacct
Password: fakepassword
Requires a Secure Connection (SSL): No
Port: 110

Outgoing Server: outgoing.verizon.net
Server Requires Authentication: Yes (You can set it to use the same settings as incoming, or manually enter the username and password.)
Requires a Secure Connection (SSL): No
Port: 25 (although 587 also works.)

These settings should work unless you have a Verizon/Yahoo account, in which case the server names are: incoming.yahoo.verizon.net -and- outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

ilverface
Enthusiast - Level 3

somegirl, do you just post to read your name?  In another thread you responded to the fact that Verizon now BLOCKS port 25.

Folks, if you follow that direction - it won't work.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@ilverface wrote:

somegirl, do you just post to read your name?  In another thread you responded to the fact that Verizon now BLOCKS port 25.

Folks, if you follow that direction - it won't work.

Perhaps you should read Verizon's announcement on the port 25 change: http://www.verizon.net/port25

They allow port 25 for their own server, just not any third party servers being checked with a pop3 client. These settings will absolutely work.

1Lady

I have followed everyone's suggestions on setting up outlook 2007 with Verizon with no success.  I have a godaddy account that I prefer using as my main account but can't get it to send out of outlook. I can receive but not send.   In desperation after 2 days and no luck with getting emails to go out on my godaddy, I tried to set up my Verizon email account which does not work either.  I am now getting a user name and password popup that will not go away. I have used outlook with my cox account for years and don't want to give it.  My problems started with the change from cox to Verizon.  Nothing sends out of my outlook.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

On your godaddy set up, what port are you using for the outgoing mail server?

Can you log into webmail for your verizon.net account?  This will verify you have the right account name and password.  From there we can go over your mail settings for this Verizon account.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I've had good luck configuring godaddy email when I use outgoing smtp port 80, instead of 587.

also this guys fix, might be helpful to you too.