Trying to access e-mail from my phone
68sportfury

I don't know what's been done recently with Verizon's remote websites, but it needs to be undone.  Until very recently, I was able to check my e-mail by pulling up webmail.verizon.com on my phone's browser and signing in just as I would from a computer.  Now, if I try that, it automatically redirects to m.verizon.com/PAMMobile/presignin.aspx, which tells me to "Please wait while we load your offers" AND NEVER MOVES AGAIN. 

I've tried calling Verizon about this and gotten nowhere.  The first time it happened, I spent literally an hour searching around the site (from my desktop computer) trying without success to find some way to report this. 

When it happened again today, I decided to leave the browser open on the phone while I signed onto my computer and tried to find a way to report this (Oh, good, I have to pick a User ID for the forums now, what fun--and it can't be the one I already HAVE to access the site.  Delightful.).  The page has now been asking me to wait while it loads my offers for 25 minutes.

I don't WANT to wait while it loads whatever those offers are, I WANT TO ACCESS MY E-MAIL.  When I'm trying to access it on my phone, it's because I'm either away from a computer or don't want the distractions that come with being online.  I JUST WANT TO READ MY E-MAIL!

FIX THIS.  FIX IT NOW. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trying to access e-mail from my phone
Justin46
Legend

Unfortunately I cannot help you directly with your problem, but I have some suggestions, some of which you may not like (please don't shoot the messenger). Smiley Very Happy

1) When you are on your computer, I presume from your comments that you are going to My Verizon and then accessing your email from there. Why? Why not go directly to Verizon webmail:

webmail.verizon.net

Takes you directly to your email and you don't seen all that useless stuff.

2) Doesn't your phone have an email client built in? Mine certainly does, I never use a browser on my phone to see my email. I do have it leave the email on the server so I will see it in my computer also.

3) The Idea Exchange, where you have posted this topic, is intend for users to submit new ideas to Verizon, not to report problems or ask for help. So this is really not the proper venue for your post.

4) The Verizon Forums are intended for users to help other users, not to get help directly from Verizon. On the other hand, many times other users here can help you. When you need help from other users, I think you will get better results if you will post your question in the proper topic area on the Forums.

I understand you are frustrated, and you haven't been able to get help. Maybe my suggestions above will help a little. If you would post your issue in the Email topic area at the Forums, more people might see it and maybe provide more and better help than I could.

Good luck.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Try also to use http://m.verizon.com

0 Likes
68sportfury

thanks for the reply, Justin.

The problem isn't with accessing my e-mail from a computer--webmail.verizon.net works just fine from my desktop at work, and I imagine it would work fine from my desktop at home as well.  The problem is that when I try to access webmail.verizon.net from my (non-Verizon, 3G) phone, I get sent to this pre-signin page that instantly freezes.  After I made my initial post (from my desktop computer), I left the phone on that page while I did other things on the computer and when I checked it again it was still "loading my offers" after TWO HOURS.

0 Likes
68sportfury

Hubrisnxs, I'll try that next time.  Thanks for the reply.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@68sportfury wrote:

The problem isn't with accessing my e-mail from a computer--webmail.verizon.net works just fine from my desktop at work, and I imagine it would work fine from my desktop at home as well.  The problem is that when I try to access webmail.verizon.net from my (non-Verizon, 3G) phone, I get sent to this pre-signin page that instantly freezes.  After I made my initial post (from my desktop computer), I left the phone on that page while I did other things on the computer and when I checked it again it was still "loading my offers" after TWO HOURS.

That is why in #2 I made the suggestion to use the email client built into your phone, assuming it has one, and I think pretty much every smart phone has an email client. You may have some perfectly valid reason for wanting to use a browser, but I don't understand it at this point.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@Justin wrote:

@68sportfury wrote:

That is why in #2 I made the suggestion to use the email client built into your phone, assuming it has one, and I think pretty much every smart phone has an email client. You may have some perfectly valid reason for wanting to use a browser, but I don't understand it at this point.

Keller, TX 76248

I agree with Justin.

In regards to using the Email client in your phone. Mine is ATT 3G Iphone 4. When the iPhone client pulls up the Email, it acts almost like IMAP, where if the message is large, it only partially downloads so you can see what it is, and then it provides the option to download the rest. Which helps with your usage if you are concerned with your monthly usage. Not sure of your phone type. The webmail on the phone will more than likely consume much more of your monthly allotment. Just be sure to set the client to leave messages on the server. This way they will still be available for your mail client at home, or webmail at a later date.

If your phone does not have a mail app, depending on the OS, I would try to download one if possible. Anything web related on the phone will use more bandwidth to pull in the graphics. Save your bandwidth and use a mail application, where the mail system graphics reside on your phone.

prisaz