Unable to Send/receive emails; Verizon Blocking My Brighthouse IP Address
Rog1001

I have 2 IPADS, 2 Android phones and 2 Windows computers connected to Verizon to download my emails.  I bought the IPADs and Android phones at Verizon.  I use Verizon cellular.  At home, I use Brighthouse (Time Warner) as my ISP.

I suspended service for 4 months while I was on vacation.  Now that I am home again with service restored, I cannot download any Verizon emails. Google works just fine. My Brighthouse Road Runner email also works fine.  The internet works fine and I can log into my email accounts at Verizon thru the internet just fine.

If I take any of the 6 devices to a hot spot (including Brighthouse Hotspot), Verizon emails download just fine.  Everything works just fine on Verizon Cellular.

Two hours with Brighthouse Technical support has isolated the problem to my Public IP Address being blocked by Verizon.  I have tried to get a new IP Address by shutting the router down overnight. Unfortunately, the same blocked IP reloads.  How do I get Verizon to release my public IP address so I can download my emails at home?

0 Likes
Re: Unable to Send/receive emails; Verizon Blocking My Brighthouse IP Address
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Good evening Roger,

Sorry for the delayed response but we would suggest visiting http://my.verizon.com/micro/whitelist/ to request your IP address be whitelisted

~Jess

0 Likes
Rog1001

Hi Jess,

Thanks for the reply. I had not looked for a reply in a week and had almost given up.  Since my problem remains I'll give your suggestion a try.

I have had a Brighthouse Lead Tech person at my house 3 different times trying everything he and the "engineering"  department could think of to get a new Dynamic IP address not blocked by Verizon. On the third time we did get a different address by installung a different brand router. Unfortunately, it was only a few numbers from the first addess and it to is blocked. Obviously, there is a range of blocked numbers.

Anyway, I'll try your link.

Roger

0 Likes
Rog1001

Jess,

Back with you after trying your suggestion.

I tried contacting Verizon at abuse@verizon.net and whitelist@verizononline.net.  I received no reply from Abuse.  I did receive a reply from Whitelist asking for more information.  After supplying the info, I received no more emails.  The dynamic public IP address remained blocked at the Verizon email server.  I tried contacting the Whitelist email address twice more with no reply.  I also tried my local Verizon Wireless store Tech Help.  They said they couldn't help as it obviously is not a cellular problem.

So, I'm back with you.  I have now been going to the local bookstore to download my Verizon emails for the past 53 days.  I sure could use some help on this!

Roger

0 Likes