Unable to Set Up Verizon Email on Phone since Upgrade to Android 4.4.4
shanekeller

I had a Galaxy Note 3 through AT&T and had my verizon email installed through the default email application without issue. When the updated Android 4.4.4 was pushed out, my verizon email ceased working and I was unable to set it up. I was forced to install a third party email app in order to get my verizon email set up. I recently upgraded to a Galaxy Note 4 with Android 4.4.4 and I am unable to set up my verizon email. Once again, I installed a 3rd party app and the verizon email was able to be set up. 

I do not wish to use a 3rd party app, and would prefer to use the default email application. I've contacted AT&T, Verizon, and Samsung, and noone can assist. 

Has anyone had this issue and found a solution that allowed verizon email to be set up with the default email application within Andoid 4.4.4?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to Set Up Verizon Email on Phone since Upgrade to Android 4.4.4
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Its really straight forward.  My Galaxy s5 started at 4.4.4 and now is at lollipop 5.0. 

You are talking to fellow users and ones using residential products.  IF you are a Verizon Wireless user you might do better to ask there.  https://community.verizonwireless.com/welcome

You may have been caught be the recent retirement of some of the old servers rather than the upgrade to 4.4.4.‎

Triple check your email configuration

http://www.verizon.com/emailsettings

if not using Verizon/yahoo email

outgoing smtp.verizon.net port 465 SSL plain txt passwords

incoming pop.verizon.net port 995 ssl plain text passwords.

Not if you happen to use the Yahoo interface to Verizon email its

outgoing outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net port 465 SSL plain txt passwords

incoming incoming.yahoo.verizon.net port 995 ssl plain text passwords.

Someone recently posted a step by step for android in another thread.  If you can't get yours to work, you might want to search this forum for it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Its really straight forward.  My Galaxy s5 started at 4.4.4 and now is at lollipop 5.0. 

You are talking to fellow users and ones using residential products.  IF you are a Verizon Wireless user you might do better to ask there.  https://community.verizonwireless.com/welcome

You may have been caught be the recent retirement of some of the old servers rather than the upgrade to 4.4.4.‎

Triple check your email configuration

http://www.verizon.com/emailsettings

if not using Verizon/yahoo email

outgoing smtp.verizon.net port 465 SSL plain txt passwords

incoming pop.verizon.net port 995 ssl plain text passwords.

Not if you happen to use the Yahoo interface to Verizon email its

outgoing outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net port 465 SSL plain txt passwords

incoming incoming.yahoo.verizon.net port 995 ssl plain text passwords.

Someone recently posted a step by step for android in another thread.  If you can't get yours to work, you might want to search this forum for it.

0 Likes
shanekeller

It was my password - It wasn't plain text. Thanks for the help! 

0 Likes
jubalsams
Enthusiast - Level 2

So what does it mean when i have all my settings correct and they still block both incoming and outgoing email? Although it seems that outgoing still gets to their server somehow and on line email works normally. Looks evil invasion of privacy to me...they sell their blocking to anyone who can pay the freight. Absolute evilness for money, scum bad low lifes.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jubalsams wrote:

So what does it mean when i have all my settings correct and they still block both incoming and outgoing email? Although it seems that outgoing still gets to their server somehow and on line email works normally. Looks evil invasion of privacy to me...they sell their blocking to anyone who can pay the freight. Absolute evilness for money, scum bad low lifes.

Note this morning there are lots of posts about the servers appearing to be down.  Webmail continues to work.

0 Likes