Unable to reach POP server from Time Warner cable
sbhtax
Enthusiast - Level 3

For over a week, I have been unable to access my email server using my home Time Warner cable through outlook. My settings have not changed and I can access webmail. Has anyone had this problem and has anyone been able to find a solution?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to reach POP server from Time Warner cable
sbhtax
Enthusiast - Level 3
Error was corrected by Verizon advanced support all OK.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you use the YAHOO Verizon interface?  if so see post about adding @verizon.net to your userid.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/YAHOO-PORTAL-CHANGE/td-p/752929

0 Likes
sbhtax
Enthusiast - Level 3

No. I use Outlook 2013

0 Likes
sbhtax
Enthusiast - Level 3
Error was corrected by Verizon advanced support all OK.
0 Likes
sydneyrachel3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been experiencing this exact problem for a week and had endless calls with verizon with no problem.......please can you advise what they did??? Thanks!! 

0 Likes
sbhtax
Enthusiast - Level 3

I called tech support and asked them to research the Verizon email server problem. I then asked them to set up a repair ticket to check my IP ( I gave it to them)address to see if it was restricted. If so, please have them release the restriction. The repair ticket was attached to my account and I was able to monitor its progress. After 24 hours the repair ticket status indicated IP address was clear. My email was then back to normal. No settings on my computer needed to be changed. Don't let the Verizon reps tell you they can't do it. If they do, ask for a supervisor. Don't get off the line until you have the repair ticket number.

To find your individual IP address, type in "what is my IP address" in the address bar of your browser. (omit quotes).

mattcar

My father-in-law has the same problem.  He can access his verizon email through outlook at his business which has verizon fios but he can't access it from home where he has time warner.  Can't do it through his iphone or ipad either, unless he disconnects from his home wifi and uses his phone network. This has been going on for a few weeks now.   I've called time warner who said it was verizon's problem and I've called verizon three times now, upgraded the time warner cable service, and purchased a new modem/router, with no success.  I guess I'll try and call verizon again. 

0 Likes
mattcar

I am unable to access the verizon email servers using time warner internet home wifi network since Sep 2014.  Are all time warner IP addresses currently blacklisted? 

0 Likes
sbhtax
Enthusiast - Level 3
It is definitely a Verizon problem. You must reach someone in technical support and have them send a trouble ticket to the email server department. they need to release the IP address from any restrictions. This is what I did, and it was fixed in 24 hours. You must tell them your IP address.
Funcnotech
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks Taxman!  At your advice, I asked my IP be white-listed, but the Tech said that solution was valid only for Int'l (non-USA) customers with our problem... he wanted to ck with 2ndary support and we parted ways.  Now, I just received a flood of all my emails dating back to 9/17 into my Outlook inbox!  Looks like my issue is resolved... as if by magic.  I am also a KeepMyEmail customer (email only... had to leave the FIOS neighborhood) now with Time Warner.  My Android sent/received verizon email only when using 4G (not ANY Wifi).  Since 9/17, I worked with about 8 Techs... I could only get a couple of them to listen to me.  One of my calls concluded with the Tech insisting that they only support Webmail... she gave me the number to Dell. WOW. 

0 Likes