Re: Unable to reach POP server from Time Warner cable
mprince2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having the same problem as mattcar. I cannot access my verizon pop servers while connect to my TWC internet. I'm hoping I can get this resolve from a verizon agent on this forum as the customer support via phone is completely clueless about this issue.

Please message me Verizon support.

0 Likes
sbhtax
Enthusiast - Level 3

See my post. See limarie's post as well.

I called tech support and asked them to research the Verizon email server problem. I then asked them to set up a repair ticket to check my IP ( I gave it to them)address to see if it was restricted. If so, please have them release the restriction. The repair ticket was attached to my account and I was able to monitor its progress. After 24 hours the repair ticket status indicated IP address was clear. My email was then back to normal. No settings on my computer needed to be changed. Don't let the Verizon reps tell you they can't do it. If they do, ask for a supervisor. Don't get off the line until you have the repair ticket number.

To find your individual IP address, type in "what is my IP address" in the address bar of your browser. (omit quotes).

0 Likes
mattcar
I got my problem fixed! Thanks for everyone's help on this board. I had to specifically ask that a repair ticket be done to whitelist my IP and also did the whitelist page. Told a friend of mine who works for time warner that Verizon blacklisted all of twc's IP addresses. He was wondering why they were having so many service calls related to their customers not being able to access Verizon email servers. Not sure if nationwide but definitely impacted buffalo NY. They had no idea what had happened.
0 Likes
limarie1
Enthusiast - Level 3

No no NO NOOOOOO...not again! This morning I have no email access from my home (TWC) network. Webmail is fine. It times out and a I got a "verizon POP server not responding" message.

Is everyone else who got their problem solved still up and running?

I can't deal with this again...

0 Likes
alan241

This must be a general problem and it sucks big time.  My wife and I were in Canada over the weekend and both of our Android phones (Samsung and Motorola) would not get any email messages over WiFi (we didn't want to use roaming because of the data charges).  I assume that this is because of the IP issue.  I don't understand why this exists given lots of people travel and they want to use WiFi for email.  Both my Yahoo and Gmail accounts worked fine as they are web-based services.  I wonder how people who travel for business constantly deal with this issue.

0 Likes
limarie1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just spent an hour w/Tech Support; they traced my whole story back through the repair ticket, which shows that the problem is solved, and the poor support guy was completely stumped. He tried, but had no more ideas. I'm done. Hello gmail...

0 Likes
HeidiHop
Same problem here in Los Angeles. Can't get verizon email using my home TimeWarner internet connection using outlook or windows live mail. Started Sept 17, 2014. A friend having same problem. Umpteen calls to verizon to no avail. Asked them to whitelist my IP address, they said no guarantees and in fact, it is still not working. Any suggestions??
0 Likes
jonlepel

Spent 3 hours on the phone with Tech support. After being transferred to 4 different departments and them doing a "screen share", and all trying to do that same things, they decided to open a ticket. So, we will see, but I will post the results shortly. They say they will call you within 24 hours.

0 Likes
intelleq123

Finally, after lossing access to my email via Outlook it finally working again.  I took taxman23's advice and didn't get off the phone with Verizon HSI support until they agreed to put in the request to remove my IP address from the PBL Blacklist.  Now hopfully TWC doesn't change my (Dynamic) IP address and I have to go through this all over again.

For those interested the Verizon support number is: 800-837-4966

Hopefully the Verizon moderator, LawrenceC clues in the people answering the support calls.  I had to evelate this to a second supervisor before I got any action.

0 Likes
jonlepel

Well, just reporting back. Still no calls and still no resolution. I got on the phone AGAIN, spend an hour watching them screen share and go through all the exact same motions all with insisting that they escalate this up. Finally they did but the supervisor had to call me back. That was about a week ago. Still not access to email while on the TWC network. So frustrating dealing with these folks. I'm going to start charging for my time spent dealing with this issue.

@jonlepel wrote:

Spent 3 hours on the phone with Tech support. After being transferred to 4 different departments and them doing a "screen share", and all trying to do that same things, they decided to open a ticket. So, we will see, but I will post the results shortly. They say they will call you within 24 hours.

0 Likes