My email account got locked while traveling abroad on Jan 1, 2018. I contacted both Yahoo and Verizon customer support but have not been able to resolve this issue. I believe that my yahoo email account is served by Verizon as attempts to unlock the account from Yahoo site always takes me to Verizon login page. Unfortunately, the Verizon site has no means to proceed with account unlock after yahoo texted security key to reset the email account.
I found several forum users had similar Verizon/yahoo email issue since 12/17/17. My first contat with Verizon Customer Service on Jan 2nd had confirmed my yahoo email was served by Verizon via remote desktop to my PC but he was not able to fix it and asked me to contact Yahoo. Unfortunately Yahoo Customer Service repeatedly instructed me to contact Verizon for my email issue. Its web page to reset password or unlock account continue to display both Verizon and Yahoo logo.
I tried contacting Verzion Customer Service again on Jan 12th but unfortunately still resolve this issue. Your help to resolve this issue is greatly appreciated as this yahoo email account was by primay email for past 20 years.
01-26-2018 05:32 AM
This issue was resolved by Yahoo yesterday. Some info below for benefit of others that may encountered the same issue:
1. I tried many ways to contact Yaoo and found no phone or "regular" support methods that worked.
2. Verizon offline support reviewed my account and found my @yahoo.com email was never linked as portal partner with them.
3. I found several posting at Yahoo community forum on account mistakenly redirected to ATT, AOL, or Verizon. I submitted a posting with subject "Account locked and redirected to Verizon". In my posting, I asked to unlink with Verizon. A day later, I added a tag "yahoo redirects to verizon" that got immediate feedback. I found this tag from another similar posting that was resolved. After couple quick exchanges, my account was unlocked and able to login without furhter issue.
02-10-2018 09:08 AM
I too am having issues with the Verizon/Yahoo loop when trying to get a password reset. I believe a company of this size should after all this time (seeing comments dated back into 2017) be able to fix this. Even an acknowledgment on the website that this is happening and being fixed might appease the masses
I am very frustrated as I'm sure that I'm missing emails that I should be responding too. If this can be resolved and I haven't contacted the correct person please let me know
02-10-2018 09:33 AM
Sorry to hear that you also had Verizon/Yahoo email issue. I found my yahoo email issue could only be fixed by Yahoo. See my 1/26/18 entry, list item#3, for how to contact Yahoo. Additional detail,
2. sign-in or create a forum acount. You will need an alternate yahoo acct to do so.
3. search for "Account locked and redirected to Verizon". You can see my Yahoo forum posting created on 1/23 with escalation to yahoo team on 1/24. Try to submit a posting seeking help with same tag and similar subject header.
02-11-2018 11:06 AM
Thank you for your help however no luck... We may have different issues in that my email is a Verizon.net not Yahoo.com.. I have spoken to Verizon and recieved a ticket # - althou no communication from them as yet
This is truly upsetting as I'm more than sure I am missing quite a bit of emails that need reponding to
02-11-2018 03:17 PM
Yes! Your issue is different and likely due to verizon.net server migration issue that I think occurred during December.
02-13-2018 05:07 PM
have you had any luck yet? I have been unable to access my verizon.net email for almost two months! Very frustrating!
02-14-2018 11:37 AM
I am having the problem where I had to change my password with yahoo, it takes me to the verizon page, I change the password but it doesn't work with yahoo. Can someone help?
02-14-2018 01:24 PM
This posting was original created for issue with my yahoo.com email account that got locked and password reset took me to a verizon login web page. A recent reply by grannyof2 reported a different issue with her verizon.net email account.
From your description, it seems your problem is with your yahoo.com email account. If so, you can first confirm that your account is not served by Verizon mail server before contacting Yahoo.
Yahoo does not have any email or phone contact for email support. I found Yahoo forum worked well to finally resolve my problem after many hours of communications with Verizon and Yahoo over 3 weeks. See my info in the posting for how I reported issue using Yahoo forum.