Switch Account

Unknown Alias - Reason for Concern?

Unknown Alias - Reason for Concern?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 1 of 6
(1,177 Views)

Was poking around my email account and noticed there was an email alias that was totally unknown to me.  I could delete it but was wondering before I do is there any legitimate reason it may be there? If not, how can I investigate possible hacking? In Yahoo email there is a way to check account login activity which provides date/time, location, IP address, so could check that way, but is that available in Verizon Yahoo mail? Or any other way to future investigate this alias.  Thanks in advance for your advise.  

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 6
(1,136 Views)

A vz id?  those always exist, but shouldn't be considered aliases.  The regular alias is your choice to have or have not.  Nothing would depend on it.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 3 of 6
(1,103 Views)

Thanks.  This alias is definitely not one I created.  So is this a method of hacking an email account?

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Message 4 of 6
(1,090 Views)

Can't imagine how it got created.  DELETE IT.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 5 of 6
(1,076 Views)

No good.  Won't let me delete it.  Get a Yahoo Mail message (even though I am logged into Verizon Yahoo) indicating:  "Sorry, you must have an active Yahoo! Mail account in order to qualify for an extra email address."  Next step?

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Message 6 of 6
(1,035 Views)

Does the alias show on the Yahoo interface or is on the Verizon interface?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.