Switch Account

Unlinking Verizon email from Yahoo portal

Unlinking Verizon email from Yahoo portal

SOLVED
Copper Contributor LeChat
Copper Contributor
Message 81 of 93
(5,389 Views)

I did this and it worked great!  However, when I go into verizon online to chekc my emal it still brings-up a Yahoo page as well as my Verizon page.  How do I stop that? 

Thanks,

Contributor joejustjoe
Contributor
Message 82 of 93
(5,284 Views)

It appears that a few years ago there was an option under Account Settings to change back to Verizon's "Online Experience." That option is no longer available. Then in 2011, a tech named Anthony suggested that there was a back door to remove Yahoo. I want to get rid of that old, antiquated portal, and start using Verizon's. How do I do that? Please and thank you.

Contributor Kelly65
Contributor
Message 83 of 93
(5,272 Views)

I have just spent the last 2 hours being transferred from area to area regarding having the YAHOO Portal removed from my verizon account so I can retain my Verizon Domain.  Unfortunately I am no further ahead now then I was two hours ago.  I have decided that I will get in contact with the Better Business Bureau regarding this situation.  I will be canceling my internet service and my telephone service with Verizon as it is an absolute disgrace that no one in that company can help out.  I see that this same issues has been looming since as far back as 2009 and why has no person from Verizon address it and fixed it!

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 84 of 93
(5,176 Views)
I called tech support and the rep was able to configure my account so I could see the option “change my online experience” that I guess was dropped from the main page years ago. However when I did the online experience option at the end of the switch it gives this error and won’t allow me to go any farther. “Switch & Migration Tool Currently Unavailable. So I called tech support back and they called me back and said it was being worked on by the e-mail team and they would call back when it’s finished. Right now I am waiting for the call back since last night. Like the others I can’t change my email password and I am starting to get junk mail. I really wish I could have fixed it on my own but nothing I can do but wait for tech support to call me back. I really don’t want to go to another e-mail provider so hopefully this will get resolved as I have had good luck with Verizon tech support.
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 85 of 93
(5,160 Views)

I was finally able to disconnect from the yahoo mail servers.I finally now just have Verizon servers for my e-mail. In the end you have to call tech support and explain what you want and to me they were most helpful and finally resolved this for me. I had to change and get off yahoo servers because i had no way to change my password for my e-mail.I could only change it for the Verizon site and it has no effect on the Verizon/yahoo email.

Be patient with the verizon support team as they dont deal with this everyday as there cant be many customers left that still have the yahoo servers for e-mail.

Thank you very much to Verizon Tech support for the resolution on this issue!

Contributor wnab81
Contributor
Message 86 of 93
(5,037 Views)
How do I get away from Verizon yahoo. I can not get to my email. My MS Surface running Windows 81RT. Keeps sending me to a sign in screen asking for my username and password.. but won't accept it asks me to change my password . which I have done 10 times... but still won't work. I'd like to get away from yahoo
Contributor Hollybee29
Contributor
Message 87 of 93
(4,787 Views)
I don't see this still as an option ...... How can I currently do the separation??
Contributor Hollybee29
Contributor
Message 88 of 93
(4,786 Views)
Did u figure this out??
Contributor vz_nothappye
Contributor
Message 89 of 93
(4,296 Views)

I just was on the phone for almost 2 hours with no resolution whatsoever since the email address that appears on the yahoo/verizon page doe snot show on the tech's screen. It was impossible- I have no outlooka nd tried nThunderbird BUT the email passoword never works a second d time- a BIG catch 22. I am very upset and feel the only way I can ever use this email address which I established 6 years prior to having a verizon email address( I donot  use) is to elimintae verizon as my provider- rigth?  I've spent 5 hours today trying to getthis resolved - onmy 8th password for the accoutnnow whcih is linked to ALL my bills and on my business cards.  

When I log onto yahoo.com this accoutn has no emails since June 17- I unlinke dthem on yahoo.com in hopes that will fix it? Who knows..then add it back on yahoo.com and get off verizon/yahoo. 

Contributor vz_nothappye
Contributor
Message 90 of 93
(4,296 Views)

The email address is not listed that is causingthe issue in my profile- go figure. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.