Re: Unlinking Verizon email from Yahoo portal
LeChat
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did this and it worked great!  However, when I go into verizon online to chekc my emal it still brings-up a Yahoo page as well as my Verizon page.  How do I stop that? 

Thanks,

0 Likes
joejustjoe
Enthusiast - Level 1

It appears that a few years ago there was an option under Account Settings to change back to Verizon's "Online Experience." That option is no longer available. Then in 2011, a tech named Anthony suggested that there was a back door to remove Yahoo. I want to get rid of that old, antiquated portal, and start using Verizon's. How do I do that? Please and thank you.

Kelly651

I have just spent the last 2 hours being transferred from area to area regarding having the YAHOO Portal removed from my verizon account so I can retain my Verizon Domain.  Unfortunately I am no further ahead now then I was two hours ago.  I have decided that I will get in contact with the Better Business Bureau regarding this situation.  I will be canceling my internet service and my telephone service with Verizon as it is an absolute disgrace that no one in that company can help out.  I see that this same issues has been looming since as far back as 2009 and why has no person from Verizon address it and fixed it!

0 Likes
AJH3
Enthusiast - Level 3
I called tech support and the rep was able to configure my account so I could see the option “change my online experience” that I guess was dropped from the main page years ago. However when I did the online experience option at the end of the switch it gives this error and won’t allow me to go any farther. “Switch & Migration Tool Currently Unavailable. So I called tech support back and they called me back and said it was being worked on by the e-mail team and they would call back when it’s finished. Right now I am waiting for the call back since last night. Like the others I can’t change my email password and I am starting to get junk mail. I really wish I could have fixed it on my own but nothing I can do but wait for tech support to call me back. I really don’t want to go to another e-mail provider so hopefully this will get resolved as I have had good luck with Verizon tech support.
0 Likes
AJH3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was finally able to disconnect from the yahoo mail servers.I finally now just have Verizon servers for my e-mail. In the end you have to call tech support and explain what you want and to me they were most helpful and finally resolved this for me. I had to change and get off yahoo servers because i had no way to change my password for my e-mail.I could only change it for the Verizon site and it has no effect on the Verizon/yahoo email.

Be patient with the verizon support team as they dont deal with this everyday as there cant be many customers left that still have the yahoo servers for e-mail.

Thank you very much to Verizon Tech support for the resolution on this issue!

0 Likes
wnab811
How do I get away from Verizon yahoo. I can not get to my email. My MS Surface running Windows 81RT. Keeps sending me to a sign in screen asking for my username and password.. but won't accept it asks me to change my password . which I have done 10 times... but still won't work. I'd like to get away from yahoo
0 Likes
Hollybee29
I don't see this still as an option ...... How can I currently do the separation??
0 Likes
Hollybee29
Did u figure this out??
0 Likes
vz_nothappye

I just was on the phone for almost 2 hours with no resolution whatsoever since the email address that appears on the yahoo/verizon page doe snot show on the tech's screen. It was impossible- I have no outlooka nd tried nThunderbird BUT the email passoword never works a second d time- a BIG catch 22. I am very upset and feel the only way I can ever use this email address which I established 6 years prior to having a verizon email address( I donot  use) is to elimintae verizon as my provider- rigth?  I've spent 5 hours today trying to getthis resolved - onmy 8th password for the accoutnnow whcih is linked to ALL my bills and on my business cards.  

When I log onto yahoo.com this accoutn has no emails since June 17- I unlinke dthem on yahoo.com in hopes that will fix it? Who knows..then add it back on yahoo.com and get off verizon/yahoo. 

0 Likes
vz_nothappye

The email address is not listed that is causingthe issue in my profile- go figure. 

0 Likes