Unread email indicator
DKS5
My opened emails are getting changed to "unread". The problem started occurring after updating my Verizon email settings. The changes occur sporadically, and I haven't determined what triggers the changes. For example, this afternoon all my emails were marked "read", which was correct. This evening it now indicates that I have 1,156 unread emails. This is infuriating. I've no idea what is mysteriously causing these indicators to change. Any ideas???
0 Likes
Re: Unread email indicator
corkbuster2

Good, I am not alone.

I have noticed it from two different android phones connecting to a verizon.net mail account.  It does not happen on the i-phone though.  One of the phones is on my verizon plan and the other is my work phone via AT&T.  I know it is not phone related since it is happening on different phones with different carriers.  It appears to be a timeout issue.  If the status of a large number of messages cannot be read within a ceratain amount of time, it marks the others as unread and your phone appears to have new mail that is 2 months old.

I have reset the port and server values as suggested from the on-line help info, but to no avail.  Does anyone have any other ideas?

0 Likes